Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

3 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

@ny92mike can I erase the contract extension for Justin Simmons of my workbook? the one that I've posted the whole contract in the thread. I want to place an exclusive tag on a player and extend this contract ahead of today's deadline but the second slot isn't working

Yeah that's fine.  

I'll get on later to update things.  Just not feeling up to it right now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

I was really tired, kept mixing extension and restructure. But usually with extensions you can take a large portion of the base salary and push it into later years as guaranteed money to save cap on the current year.

I think I’m struggling here because of built in demands in the formula for APY demands being high. Best guess anyway.

Restructures are pretty much automatically accepted by the player. He's getting paid earlier than he otherwise would have been so no problemo.

With an extension, you're adding years and have to meet his APY expectations to keep him off the market.

For Buckner, a simple restructure should gain you 9.295 million by reducing his 18.75 mil salary for 2023 to vet minimum with the balance split between this season and next, the final year of his current deal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Restructures are pretty much automatically accepted by the player. He's getting paid earlier than he otherwise would have been so no problemo.

With an extension, you're adding years and have to meet his APY expectations to keep him off the market.

For Buckner, a simple restructure should gain you 9.295 million by reducing his 18.75 mil salary for 2023 to vet minimum with the balance split between this season and next, the final year of his current deal. 

Is today a deadline?

I’m doing too many things at once and gotta know if it’s urgent.

Done all my tags. Just worried about restructure/extensions 

Edited by RTTRUTH

30 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Is today a deadline?

I’m doing too many things at once and gotta know if it’s urgent.

Done all my tags. Just worried about restructure/extensions 

Tags have a deadline... I think today, but not positive

Restructures and extensions do not have a deadline that I'm aware of

Mike I am confused, I made a contract extension in the workbook that saves me (Jaguars) cap this year, but it says Contract Exceeds Available Cap. Do I have to release players to get in the green before I can adjust contracts that I would be adjusting to make room for the players I would have to be cutting?

edit: I have two restructures set up, and a contract extension set up and if my mental math worked the three combined moves would put me in the green so that I wouldn't need to cut the players on my trade block to get into the green. I am not sure if I am doing this right or not, I think this is my first time starting in the red.

edit2: would you take a look at my Jaguars contract restructures and the contract extension and tell me if all of that was officially posted up if it would a) work b) put the Jaguars in the green?

edit3: I think with one release it all works out and I'll post the four moves up.

Edited by Trojan

11 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Mike I am confused, I made a contract extension in the workbook that saves me (Jaguars) cap this year, but it says Contract Exceeds Available Cap. Do I have to release players to get in the green before I can adjust contracts that I would be adjusting to make room for the players I would have to be cutting?

edit: I have two restructures set up, and a contract extension set up and if my mental math worked the three combined moves would put me in the green so that I wouldn't need to cut the players on my trade block to get into the green. I am not sure if I am doing this right or not, I think this is my first time starting in the red.

edit2: would you take a look at my Jaguars contract restructures and the contract extension and tell me if all of that was officially posted up if it would a) work b) put the Jaguars in the green?

edit3: I think with one release it all works out and I'll post the four moves up.

There is an issue with the extension sheet.  I'll try to have it fixed tonight if not tomorrow.  

Trust me I'll have it fixed before FA bidding starts.

Headed to your team book now to look at restructures.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

There is an issue with the extension sheet.  I'll try to have it fixed tonight if not tomorrow.  

Trust me I'll have it fixed before FA bidding starts.

Headed to your team book now to look at restructures.

@Trojan

Restructures look good to me.

Would you like me to go ahead and make these official?

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

I think I'll need to wait to see if the contract extension works because he might be the restructure if not. The Jaguars contracts are nightmarish lol.

Okay....

I'll tag everyone once I have it figured out.  Several people are mentioning it's messed up just haven't had a chance to really look at it.