Jim Schwartz hired as DC

sdrawkcab321

I feel like this is our Steve Spangnolo type hire. 

Proven DC and his scheme fits our players for the most part. We still need what we know we’ve needed. Gotta get Daron Payne or Jessie Bates. You gotta fix at least one problem directly on this defense in Free Agency. Payne would be my first priority then if not him gotta secure Jessie. Then go draft for whatever position you missed. 

This scheme will bring the best out of Myles. He might get to that 20 sack range in this scheme. 

I’d pay for a DT but I’m not resetting the S market for a FS with the DBs we already have.

We don’t need a star at every position, just an adequate FS.  I agree it’s necessary to upgrade, but not everyone can be a 1st rounder or high dollar FA.

If we can’t find an adequate FS in R2-3 we’re ducked.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d pay for a DT but I’m not resetting the S market for a FS with the DBs we already have.

Id love a great DT. Id settle for a good end, we need someone else that can pass rush. We have a bottom 5 pass rush without superman. 

Id bring Larry Ogunjobi back and play him at 3 tech and not nose, he had a good year. 

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We don’t need a star at every position, just an adequate FS.  I agree it’s necessary to upgrade, but not everyone can be a 1st rounder or high dollar FA.

If we can’t find an adequate FS in R2-3 we’re ducked.

1 hour ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

My concern with Jesse Bates is I think yes gonna reset the Safety market 

As he should he’s a great player

The thing about getting a true stud FS is it’ll raise the level of play of all our surrounding DBs. He’ll be well worth the money. 

True quality center field safeties aren’t as easy to come by as some might think. 

Move on from JJ3 and get a premium guy and watch at it allows the rest of the back seven to be more aggressive. When you’re got that safety net back there everyone in front can come downhill and play press more effective etc. 

31 minutes ago, brownie man said:

As he should he’s a great player

The thing about getting a true stud FS is it’ll raise the level of play of all our surrounding DBs. He’ll be well worth the money. 

True quality center field safeties aren’t as easy to come by as some might think. 

Move on from JJ3 and get a premium guy and watch at it allows the rest of the back seven to be more aggressive. When you’re got that safety net back there everyone in front can come downhill and play press more effective etc. 

Bring back gipson 

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I haven't seen much of him. Who is he/where is he from?

He’s much more mobile than Shelton. Also, I was Danny Sheltons biggest hater during that draft process. He was actually good for us. We just overreacted to his lack of production vs. the pass. He was an excellent run stopper that cut off both A gaps. I would definitely take a Danny Shelton type player right now.

Gimme Greg Gaines in FA and then Keaanu Benton vis the draft.