Jim Schwartz hired as DC

sdrawkcab321

36 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Simmons went 2 picks later as well.  Both had lots of support here prior to the trade.  AJ Brown, Deebo and DK were all available as well.

Passing on DK was the one that really made me mad given the Eric Metcalf bloodlines and nostalgia.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Just for accuracy, it was Shelton and a 2018 5th for a 2019 3rd.

It’s hard to view a player drafted at 12 overall who gets traded for prior to the end of their rookie deal and who played for 5 teams in a 6 year span anything but a bust.

Drafting a dude who’s built like a Golden Corral mvp just shouldn’t happen.  At least not day 1 or 2 imo. 

If we want a guy who’s exclusively a run stuffer, cool, I get it.  That’s either a day 3 pick or an absolute freak of nature type of a human who probably has some pass rush upside, such as Ngata or Lawrence.

I don't disagree, but there's degrees of busts. He was a bust in that he didn't live up to being worthy of a first round pick, but he wasn't a colossal bust in that he had no value at all. That was the only point I was making. People seem to remember him as being a total failure as a player, when he was at least good vs. the run. But I definitely agree he wasn't worth a first round pick.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Simmons went 2 picks later as well.  Both had lots of support here prior to the trade.  AJ Brown, Deebo and DK were all available as well.

Thinking about having Lawrence or Simmons at 17, and not trading up for Greedy and taking wither AJ Brown and or DK 

i90vkbskfme41.png?auto=webp&s=4e2214307d

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I hated the trade at the time, hated it after and never liked it between. 

Dorsey was awful outside of the Chubb pick. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wouldn’t have made the trade, talked myself into it immediately after (like a real fan) and hated it not long after.

Generally speaking I wouldnt trade a 1st round pick. I think you are essentially spending your future. 

With the Odell trade we pretty much never got performance equal to 2/3 Wrs drafted in the first round. AJ Brown and DK 

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

for number 4 overall that is a double and not an exceptional pick. 

I mean, Ward is a borderline elite CB when used correctly. That's a great pick. Especially when everyone had us drafting Bradley Chubb, who's a good but not great DE.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I mean, Ward is a borderline elite CB when used correctly. That's a great pick. Especially when everyone had us drafting Bradley Chubb, who's a good but not great DE.

My issues with Ward are not his play when exceptional. it is his inconsistent play and his availability. 

when deployed correctly he is elite and a super smart player 

• Like 1