Jim Schwartz hired as DC

sdrawkcab321

1 minute ago, BetterCallSaul said:

He’s much more mobile than Shelton. Also, I was Danny Sheltons biggest hater during that draft process. He was actually good for us. We just overreacted to his lack of production vs. the pass. He was an excellent run stopper that cut off both A gaps. I would definitely take a Danny Shelton type player right now.

Gimme Greg Gaines in FA and then Keaanu Benton vis the draft.

I'd love to have a Danny Shelton. Just not before about pick 45-50.

We ain’t getting Jesse Bates. Plus, we need a S that can roll down and cover man. Delpit can play FS cleanup/Alley Filler. We basically need a slot CB to play that role of S in a cover 1/3 scheme.

Brian Branch fits, but he’ll be gone. This S class sucks, to be honest. If it’s not Branch, we might as well wait until next year IMO 

14 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

We ain’t getting Jesse Bates. Plus, we need a S that can roll down and cover man. Delpit can play FS cleanup/Alley Filler. We basically need a slot CB to play that role of S in a cover 1/3 scheme.

Brian Branch fits, but he’ll be gone. This S class sucks, to be honest. If it’s not Branch, we might as well wait until next year IMO 

Garrett Williams could possibly play that role 

15 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

So AJ Greene who should have been playing more all year tbh.

11 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

He’s much more mobile than Shelton. Also, I was Danny Sheltons biggest hater during that draft process. He was actually good for us. We just overreacted to his lack of production vs. the pass. He was an excellent run stopper that cut off both A gaps. I would definitely take a Danny Shelton type player right now.

Gimme Greg Gaines in FA and then Keaanu Benton vis the draft.

Agreed. Shelton was a disappointment for where he was drafted, but he wasn't some huge bust like some people make him out to be. He was definitely good against the run, just didn't provide value vs the pass. There's a reason the Patriots traded us a third round pick for him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

My list is 

DT, DE, DT, FS. 

I'd like to see both JOK and Delpit flanking our DEs 

JOK as a big nickel a lot.

This is why I would like to sign a solid DT, and draft a DE with our 2nd round pick.  There should be someone good available!!!!!!  (Carter, Azomah, Harrison)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Agreed. Shelton was a disappointment for where he was drafted, but he wasn't some huge bust like some people make him out to be. He was definitely good against the run, just didn't provide value vs the pass. There's a reason the Patriots traded us a third round pick for him.

Just for accuracy, it was Shelton and a 2018 5th for a 2019 3rd.

It’s hard to view a player drafted at 12 overall who gets traded for prior to the end of their rookie deal and who played for 5 teams in a 6 year span anything but a bust.

Drafting a dude who’s built like a Golden Corral mvp just shouldn’t happen.  At least not day 1 or 2 imo. 

If we want a guy who’s exclusively a run stuffer, cool, I get it.  That’s either a day 3 pick or an absolute freak of nature type of a human who probably has some pass rush upside, such as Ngata or Lawrence.