Divisional Round GDT: Cowboys @ 49ers - Keep it Rolling

D82

19 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

You're not really being more clear. I've either been giving you to much credit for being smart or now you're just out to troll Dak supporters.

Criticize his play, but you continue to say Dak supporters cheered him signing a big contract. No....just no. They were simply happy that he was resigned. Not resigned AND at the dollar at which he was resigned.

No one here can say I, like many others, are Dak supporters or haters because of the contract. We simply support him because he is the QB of our favorite team. We can't change it one way or the other. His play is not so bad that it's this never-ending negativity,

Of course he needs to be criticized for some of his play. And yet again I am here bringing up the Jags OT loss. Stone hands...body catching Brown caused that pick six. And why no criticism at this level for D in that game. 21 straight points in the 2nd half. Where the hell as D-Law been lately? So what, is it because those 2 players don't make the money Dak does. 

I'm neither a homer nor a hater. But I am a supporter of the Cowboys. I'm not inferring that @D82 was calling out anyone specific. But he is right, even though this is a discussion board it's tiresome and gets old. Romo 2.0.

Romo and Dak aren’t blue chippers. They show flashes of brilliance and then have these horrible performances often on the biggest stage. Their play cultivated division because of the enormous swings in performance. 

• Like 1

And again you guys are quoting twitter and then coming in here like drunken step fathers to rage on us. “This debate is so old! It’s driving our numbers away!” Oh yeah? Is twitter also losing members? Is CowboysZone losing members? Is tiktok losing members? You guys either don’t get out much or you’re just being *******s because you don’t like people disagreeing with you.

It’s a Cowboys forum and Dak happens to be a very polarized QB of the Dallas Cowboys. Quit crying about it. That gets tiresome and old. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Of course he needs to be criticized for some of his play. And yet again I am here bringing up the Jags OT loss. Stone hands...body catching Brown caused that pick six. And why no criticism at this level for D in that game. 21 straight points in the 2nd half. 

There were actually 2 interceptions that game. The first one was all Daks fault. We were up big and Dak threw an ugly pick that gave the jags a short field, momentum, and let them back in the game. And yes Kelvin Joseph stunk it up too. All you hear about is the Noah Brown pick because it supports your “Daks just a victim” theory. Then you mention the defense letting them back in the game with no mention of the ugly pick that changed the momentum. 

26 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

There were actually 2 interceptions that game. The first one was all Daks fault. We were up big and Dak threw an ugly pick that gave the jags a short field, momentum, and let them back in the game. And yes Kelvin Joseph stunk it up too. All you hear about is the Noah Brown pick because it supports your “Daks just a victim” theory. Then you mention the defense letting them back in the game with no mention of the ugly pick that changed the momentum. 

OK....three replies.

Yes, I agree, neither were blue chippers. For the record Romo is/was better than Dak. And what's another thing they have common? Bad team contracts. So like I said earlier in the week. Obviously blame the FO. For that matter Zeke's as well. I'll skip all the previous negatives over the last 30 years that have nothing to do with QB play that had a negative effect of the overall team play on the field.

I'll go on the defensive here. I can say this 1000000% you'll never find anywhere where I have posted any social media. As well as you'll never find a post of mine that can be construed or accuse me of being either a Dak nut hugger or hater. I've been in IT for over 30 years, so it's not like I don't know how. I choose not to. On a scale of 10 it rates at about a 1 for value to society. I take all of the social media pro and con with a grain of salt. To easy to manipulate the numbers to support an argument. If people are leaving social media I assure you if for reasons other than any sports related criticism. One is due to the new CEO, the other for privacy reasons, the other for being chinese owned. So get the hell off my lawn. 😆

I didn't even think about the other pick, or rather I should say I honestly forgot about it. But OK, it was a bad pick. Momentum is a thing. However, momentum doesn't actually score nor give up TD's. Players simply need to overcome whichever way the momentum is flowing.

And please point out where I'm playing the Dak is a victim card. The first one was his fault the OT wasn't. It is what it is, or was.

But I get why you would say that. But I really wasn't trying to say he is/was a victim.

If he was making a million a year. No would have anything to gripe about. The argument would be.....What do you expect, he's not a blue chipper and only making a million a year. So a majority of this is about the contract and I get it and it should be. But we're stuck with it.

Edited by HDsportsfan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

I just realized this is a GDT.

We need to stop the run.

Our DL is much better then last year....   We are also much more stout up the middle.  We also are much better at LB then last year as well. This gives me a lot of hope. But I would say SF is better at the skilled position. Last year is was all about Seebo and Kittle.  They have a much more versatile RB now.  That is the challenge, preventing the "chunk" yardage on straight ahead runs while not giving up edge contain and YAC big plays. WE have to trust our pass rush will prevent big down the field pass plays and help us get off the field.   

The more I evaluate things we also are leaps and bounds better on the offensive side of the ball. Pity about Steele and Peters for that mater but either way this is the best OL we've brought to the post season party in a long long time.  We also are much more versatile at reciever then last year when it was all about Coop and a almost non existent Lamb (1 catch).   Frankly Lamb is playing more consistent than Coop was last year by far and we then can add Gallup and more importantly the experience and skill of Hilton.  Then we can add in Schultz, Ferguson and Pollard. 

Last year Dak and the O was very limited in what they could do with the quick passing game , and or giving Dak "drop" off weapons.  Now with Pollard, Ferguson, Schultz and Hilton SF has to be much more aware and thus be unable to fully commit to 'getting' to Dak.  We also should be able at times to use the short yardage passing game to help move the chains and relieve the importance of the run game to keep us in third and manageable downs. 

While the turn over battle is always important,  I feel who's ever D does the better job controlling the game will be key. 

• Like 1

The fun thing about this game is that narratively, it’s pretty similar to last week’s, in the sense that whichever team wins, the result will feel kind of obvious in hindsight.

SF beats DAL? Well no duh, they were the much better team all year (just like DAL > TB).

DAL beats SF? Well no duh, they have the more experienced and accomplished QB (just like TB > DAL).

The former dynamic applied last week.  Honestly expecting the same here- SF is a buzzsaw, I think they’ll give us too many problems in all kinds of facets of the game for us to exploit Purdy. It’s easy to see them blowing us out and impossible to see us blowing them out. I’m hoping for a good game, at least- I bet we‘re gonna have to score more than we did on Monday to take this one.

Edit: traveling cross country with a >48 hour rest differential doesn’t help either. Our defense figures to run out of steam at some point like they always do

Edited by matt79511
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

I just realized this is a GDT.

We need to stop the run.

It says a lot about our fans that the QB can have one of the best playoff performances by a Cowboys QB literally ever and yet these dumb conversations about his ability continue. 

It's not just him Fly. We had these same conversations about Romo.

I can only speak for me, but its because both gave us hope and at the worst time, sheat the bed.

After 17 years of the two of them combined, both winning multiple 12 win seasons, having home field adv in 1 or 2 of those, and to come up so short, I am going to be skeptical until this team, and QB, live up to their potential.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

It's not just him Fly. We had these same conversations about Romo.

I can only speak for me, but its because both gave us hope and at the worst time, sheat the bed.

After 17 years of the two of them combined, both winning multiple 12 win seasons, having home field adv in 1 or 2 of those, and to come up so short, I am going to be skeptical until this team, and QB, live up to their potential.

Nah, the narrative has always been mostly absurd. It’s just convenient to blame the QB.