2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

I’ll believe Ramsey will be traded when I see it. Dude was PFF third rated corner in what many said was a down season.

McVay didn’t come back to a “rebuild” season and neither did AD. The Rams know what they are doing. 

But let’s play hypothetical. What IF the Rams actually do trade Ramsey? First off they have traded or lost many talented players in the McVay era and still remained really good. Two Superbowls, three division titles, one at least one playoff game every playoff trip except for McVay first season as the Rams coach. The only thing that derailed the Rams was a mass of injuries in 2019 which was bad but 2022 was 10x worse. So IF the Rams trade away Ramsey which he would be the best player the Rams would’ve moved on from in the McVay era then I expect them to get good compensation then turn that into another stud. I don’t look for them to use that for a rookie draft pick. The Rams have 10 picks in this draft without comps I think so adding more picks and using them all would be odd for a team that is just trying to retool as Les puts it instead of rebuild. So yeah I trust Les and McVay bc their track record together has been great over the last 6yrs overall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I’ll believe Ramsey will be traded when I see it. Dude was PFF third rated corner in what many said was a down season.

McVay didn’t come back to a “rebuild” season and neither did AD. The Rams know what they are doing. 

But let’s play hypothetical. What IF the Rams actually do trade Ramsey? First off they have traded or lost many talented players in the McVay era and still remained really good. Two Superbowls, three division titles, one at least one playoff game every playoff trip except for McVay first season as the Rams coach. The only thing that derailed the Rams was a mass of injuries in 2019 which was bad but 2022 was 10x worse. So IF the Rams trade away Ramsey which he would be the best player the Rams would’ve moved on from in the McVay era then I expect them to get good compensation then turn that into another stud. I don’t look for them to use that for a rookie draft pick. The Rams have 10 picks in this draft without comps I think so adding more picks and using them all would be odd for a team that is just trying to retool as Les puts it instead of rebuild. So yeah I trust Les and McVay bc their track record together has been great over the last 6yrs overall.

Folks see them parting ways with Bobby Wagner and now this rumor so it looks like dots connecting. But yeah, if they don't trade Ramsey, the best bet would be one last big push with all the main guys plus maybe one more big signing and a discounted ring-chaser (like OBJ? 🤔) who has bought in.

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Didn't Ramsey tweet something about not guaranteed to be back next season? Like a half goodbye to the fans?

Couldn’t tell you, I’m not sure. Ramsey comes off as a “tweet first, think about it later” kind of guy, lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Tom Brady didn’t come back to go 8-9. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Didn't Ramsey tweet something about not guaranteed to be back next season? Like a half goodbye to the fans?

Somebody said he was likely to be cut. He responded saying that wouldn't happen and later said a trade was possible but a cut wasn't.