2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

This is my take on the Lamar situation:

No owner wants to give a QB the Watson type deal. The Browns were dumb and no owner want to start going down that road. You give Watson then Lamar then next will be Burrow, Herbert, then other QBs who already have deals will want to rework their deals to get it like Allen and Mahomes. 

Then we look back and see that all those teams passed on Lamar in the draft. Some if not alot thought he should change position. You think about the system he played in. Greg Roman was the OC. Same OC that was with Kaep and even Tyrod. Kaep had his highest success with Roman but fell off once he was gone. Mainly Jim. We all look and say Kaep can’t get a job bc of off the field and that’s true. His play wasn’t good before he took that knee. Tyrod was good with Roman as the OC. He isn’t as good without Roman. How will Lamar do without that type of system? Plus he has 1,000 hits and has been hurt the past two seasons. What owner want to invest the money that Lamar want to a QB who we don’t know how he we thrive outside of a special system, already has 1,000 hits on his body and is now hurt alot? 

Now with all that said I personally would take a chance on him if I was the Falcons or Raiders or Jets or Commanders or Colts bc what do any of those franchises have to lose? They suck already in terms of not having real success the last 5 or so seasons. Success can be had from taking risks. Lamar can go to the Jets and make the a Sulerbowl contender immediately for the next handful of years. And if he fails then it’s not like the Jets moved on from a good QB trying to swing even bigger.

So again I just think these owners don’t want to make Lamar what the Browns made Watson. Then that’s when the trend starts and all these QBs will want that type of contract and no QB in football is worth it bc it’s a physical sport where one hit could derail a season or career then all that money is wasted and the team is screwed. But I do think Lamar will get a nice pay day even if it’s still with the Ravens. Some team should come to their senses and go try to get him but the Ravens did this thinking no team is going to give him what he wants so he might as well sign the contract they offered him.

The issue with Lamar's situation right now is it's the contract AND picks.  I would not be shocked seeing Lamar pull a Leveon and not playing at all in 2023 sitting out the tag.

I think that Baltimore kinda misstepped this a touch.  If you exclusive tag Lamar, now teams that were interested in him not only able to negotiate Lamar's contract but also negotiate with the Ravens with what they want to give up.  By putting the non-exclusive tag on Lamar the Ravens locked in the price of what it would take to sign Lamar.  If you were Atlanta, a 2023 1st and 3rd, 2024 2nd and 3rd feels much more reasonable than 2023 1st and 2024 1st.  

4 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Not surprised by either. Edmunds had a chance to be back but the LB market exploded recently it seems and he'll certainly get more on the open market then Buffalo was going to be able to pay. 

Is Poyer still good?

4 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Not surprised by either. Edmunds had a chance to be back but the LB market exploded recently it seems and he'll certainly get more on the open market then Buffalo was going to be able to pay. 

I'm skeptical of how good Edmunds really is. I haven't watched him intently, but his PFF grades were merely average until this past year during a contract year.

Just now, DawgX said:

Is Poyer still good?

Yes. Really good. Only concern I would have is the injuries piled up for him last year. But he put off surgery to try and help the Bills win it all. It's an unfortunate end to his time in Buffalo but wherever he goes he should still be All-Pro Po for another 2 years I would think. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, General Tso said:

I'm skeptical of how good Edmunds really is. I haven't watched him intently, but his PFF grades were merely average until this past year during a contract year.

Last season was definitely his best. He still looks lost at times but he became more of a hammer. The thing that he does really well goes unnoticed because it's not on the stat sheet. His length and range effects windows for the QB in a zone defense. The Bills will miss that. 

Sounds like Eagles probably losing everyone except Brandon Graham and maybe Fletcher Cox on short cheap deals.

CGJ, Hargrave, TJ Edwards, James Bradberry, Miles Sanders, and Isaac Seumalo all set to test the market, and it sounds unlikely any of them will be back. Maybe 1 sneaks back like TJ Edwards.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Sounds like Eagles probably losing everyone except Brandon Graham and maybe Fletcher Cox on short cheap deals.

CGJ, Hargrave, TJ Edwards, James Bradberry, Miles Sanders, and Isaac Seumalo all set to test the market, and it sounds unlikely any of them will be back. Maybe 1 sneaks back like TJ Edwards.

Hargrave is probably my #1 target for the Browns. Know we're supposedly interested in Graham as well.

7 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Hargrave is probably my #1 target for the Browns. Know we're supposedly interested in Graham as well.

Graham seems poised to come back, he loves Philly and wants to play here as long as we're even remotely coming close to paying him a reasonable amount.