2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Do you worry his play is going to skydive given he is 32 next month? And changing schemes may hurt him too? Or is he truly just so damn good he should continue to excel for years to come.

I don’t think it’s going to sky dive, but as there is with any player that age you have the risk of that happening. He is coming off of his “worst” year with the Bills, but he was also asked to do a ton more with Hyde breaking his neck in September, Tre White being out until thanksgiving, and rookies, and Hamlin playing around him, all while having a busted elbow

4 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

I'd be pretty surprised if the Bears didn't make a big push for Edmunds

I get the need, but they didn't want to pay Roquan.  But they will want to pay for Edmunds???

You think the Smith trade was more about the picks and less about the money?  Genuinely curious.

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I get the need, but they didn't want to pay Roquan.  But they will want to pay for Edmunds???

You think the Smith trade was more about the picks and less about the money?  Genuinely curious.

I feel like those two should be in different sand boxes when it comes to how much they get paid though. Roquan wanted the top of the market and was a two time second team all pro to support it. Not a knock on Edmunds, who has been a pro bowl player, but I feel like he should come in at a figure closer to CJ Moseley than Fred Warner and Roquan. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like those two should be in different sand boxes when it comes to how much they get paid though. Roquan wanted the top of the market and was a two time second team all pro to support it. Not a knock on Edmunds, who has been a pro bowl player, but I feel like he should come in at a figure closer to CJ Moseley than Fred Warner and Roquan. 

...not saying you are wrong.

But...a name like Edmunds is going to be paid, LARGE, on the open market.  

My point is still there, though, why would Chicago pay Edmunds in free agency, when they will have to spend LARGE for him, as opposed to just keeping Roquan?  

The only thing my brain can wrap it's head around is the picks.  2nd and 5'th maybe?  Like they just really wanted picks?

Just now, vegas492 said:

...not saying you are wrong.

But...a name like Edmunds is going to be paid, LARGE, on the open market.  

My point is still there, though, why would Chicago pay Edmunds in free agency, when they will have to spend LARGE for him, as opposed to just keeping Roquan?  

The only thing my brain can wrap it's head around is the picks.  2nd and 5'th maybe?  Like they just really wanted picks?

Isn't Roquan Smith his own agent? That might have soured things too.

• Like 1

Just now, General Tso said:

Isn't Roquan Smith his own agent? That might have soured things too.

I can't remember.  But there was something like that.  Maybe there was someone helping him out who may not have been, uh, very helpful.

But either way, Roquan got what he wanted out of Baltimore.  And I think he felt disrespected in Chicago at their contract offer.

So again I'm back to....Chicago didn't want to pay Smith what he thought he was worth.  But they may Edmunds?

Personally, I think the Bears are going to roll with lesser players in the middle, contract wise.  Sanborn was outstanding for them for a few games.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

As mentioned, there were other factors at play with Roquan.  It was pretty clear that he didn't want to stay with the Bears, it was less about not wanting to spend money on him.  Him acting as his own agent made negotiations pretty amateurish and the negotiations degraded from there.  At a certain point I think he knew the Bears weren't going to give him exactly what he wanted but it became more of an ego thing that he didn't want what they were offering just because he couldn't separate how he felt personally from the business side of things. They certainly weren't and aren't short on cap space.  

Edited by TankWilliams

15 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

The Cards had the 31st ranked defense and will likely be losing their 3 best defenders; Watt retiring and it doesn’t look like Murphy or Allen will be back.  We could be looking at a historically bad defense next year. 

Is Simmons available? Plz say yes.

2 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

The Cards had the 31st ranked defense and will likely be losing their 3 best defenders; Watt retiring and it doesn’t look like Murphy or Allen will be back.  We could be looking at a historically bad defense next year. 

I’d surmise Jalen Carter would need to kill someone to take him off of Arizona’s draft board.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ET80 said:

QUIT MAKING ME RELIVE THAT DAY!!!

Hey, I could have liked your misery the day of. Instead, I chose to wait until an opportune moment to look back where we could "one day laugh about it". I was also too busy establishing that prayer group for you back then and missed an opportunity to be a part of the most liked post on FF. 

• Like 1