2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

15 minutes ago, Trojan said:

No source on it or anything, but the way Josh McDaniels is revamping and whatnot, and with a part of his contract triggering at the end of the week I could see Hunter Renfrow being a Patriot by way of trade.

• $6.5M 2023 salary fully guarantees on 3/17/2023
  • 2023 Roster Bonus: $4.32M (guaranteed, due 3/17/2023)

Obvious connections between front offices and staffs and whatnot. Player profile fits a lot of slot options that have succeeded for Bill in the past as well, and the Raiders potentially replaced him in FA with Jacobi Meyers. With so few options under contract, I could see a big trade (the two listed) followed by like a round swap or late pick for Renfrow.

Bill has never met a receiver of his..... profile... that he hasn't loved. Surprised River Cracraft hasn't had a Pats stint yet

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I feel like his name was Rivers or somethign like that.

I think it was bannarsusc or something close to it if I remember correctly.

I went by the name AlanFanecaFan back then and he was constantly on Rivers during Steelers/Bengals games.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I'll never forget when he said San Antonio wouldn't draft Kevin Durant if given the chance because they had Robert Horry.

Or circa 2011 when he said he would rather start a franchise with Andre Iguodala over LeBron James

Or when he trashed Jeter and said he'd hit an infield single for his 3,000th.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Wow, that hurts.
Seattle and bagh as well.

Forgot about Bagh, wasn't he a mod? And didn't he have a Gilbride avy? I miss GmenSeattle too.

Still don't know what happened to LosGigantes either. Or the Rhett Bomar guy (jacobsrules I think)

Edited by redsoxsuck05

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Forgot about Bagh, wasn't he a mod? And didn't he have a Gilbride avy? I miss GmenSeattle too.

Still don't know what happened to LosGigantes either. Or the Rhett Bomar guy.

LosG, Bagh, and GS were all former mods. Not sure who the Rhett Bomar guy was.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Real OG's in the Giants forum (we've never been a big community for whatever reason) remember the scourge of hayato1 circa 2007.

@minutemancl@Shockwave

Whatever happened to Gmen btw? And my favorite troll, E-Man?

29 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Wow, that hurts.
Seattle and bagh as well.

27 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Still don't know what happened to LosGigantes either. Or the Rhett Bomar guy (jacobsrules I think)

Hayato1, Einstein, he had a few aliases. None of the iterations were fun to talk with though lol.

I talked with Gmen over twitter a few weeks ago. He's doing really well; he got into NFL-related big data through their Big Data Bowls. He posted his projects from those here a few years ago, but this wasn't the best place to discuss that stuff. He's got a job working for some company working as a football data analyst, so he's doing well. Bagh and LosG and Seattle were great guys. I think I'm friends with a few of them on Facebook, but I haven't been on there in years so I'm not sure what's up with them. I miss IronMike and Xfaxtor as well. GEEMEN and a few others too. The reason I had my goal to get into the 1000 pound club was because of Xfaxtor mentioning it years ago. Bagh was always the calm, level headed guy here, but I think Acgott has really taken over that role well incredibly well.

I've been here since I was in 7th grade and now I'm married with a kid, so it's definitely crazy to look back on the years since then.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Hayato1, Einstein, he had a few aliases. None of the iterations were fun to talk with though lol.

I talked with Gmen over twitter a few weeks ago. He's doing really well; he got into NFL-related big data through their Big Data Bowls. He posted his projects from those here a few years ago, but this wasn't the best place to discuss that stuff. He's got a job working for some company working as a football data analyst, so he's doing well. Bagh and LosG and Seattle were great guys. I think I'm friends with a few of them on Facebook, but I haven't been on there in years so I'm not sure what's up with them. I miss IronMike and Xfaxtor as well. GEEMEN and a few others too. The reason I had my goal to get into the 1000 pound club was because of Xfaxtor mentioning it years ago. Bagh was always the calm, level headed guy here, but I think Acgott has really taken over that role well incredibly well.

I've been here since I was in 7th grade and now I'm married with a kid, so it's definitely crazy to look back on the years since then.

Jesus dude, I remember you as a high schooler like a year or two younger than me. Your biggest concern back then was your Philly fan schoolmates razzing you whenever the Eagles beat us, right? Didn't know I can get so nostalgic over an ancient football forum!

Xfaxtor was a great guy too, and while Gmen was a homer, we always appreciated having a Giants advocate on NFL Gen during the Eli/Romo wars or whenever we tried to argue that Corey Webster was elite (he was in 2008 and both playoff runs!!).

What happened to our biggest rival, MaddHatter? Didn't he go to prison or something

Edited by redsoxsuck05
  • Like 2

To get back on track a little bit...

Does anyone else think those NFLPA report cards from a few weeks ago impacted any FAs decision these past few days, and/or will impact the decisions going forward? I saw Bobby Okereke retweet the Giants report cards immediately after he signed in NY, highlighting the high grades for the training staff and Daboll specifi which I thought was interesting.