What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

Hold up is probably GB pushing for the 2nd while JD is saying take our 3rd and a conditional 2024 late rounder.  As desperate as people make the Jets out to be Rodgers wants to be here and GB can't really take him back so GB really has no leverage here.

No matter how good he is a guy that said he was 90% close to retirement a few weeks ago isn't you a 1st.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

LOL.  14 words I guarantee you won't be hearing in April.

Yah.  That could come back to haunt you.

All the teams have to do is agree to flip flop first rounders and that is being said......

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

LOL.  14 words I guarantee you won't be hearing in April.

That's fine, you can keep 13, but your 2nd is ours and we'll be taking Elijah Moore and I'm asking for Ruckert too. You won't need them after Rodgers employs his buddies on the squad. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That's fine, you can keep 13, but your 2nd is ours and we'll be taking Elijah Moore and I'm asking for Ruckert too. You won't need them after Rodgers employs his buddies on the squad. 

Reality will hit soon enough for you.

10 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Hold up is probably GB pushing for the 2nd while JD is saying take our 3rd and a conditional 2024 late rounder.  As desperate as people make the Jets out to be Rodgers wants to be here and GB can't really take him back so GB really has no leverage here.

No matter how good he is a guy that said he was 90% close to retirement a few weeks ago isn't you a 1st.

Doubtful it sounds like they're asking for at least one, possibly two FRPs. 

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yah.  That could come back to haunt you.

All the teams have to do is agree to flip flop first rounders and that is being said......

Then they'll trade back for more draft capital so I'll still be right 😎

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Not sure what the media has to do with team operations.

It will be a media story, but it won't impact the actual team.

Really have no idea what it’s like rooting for a dysfunctional franchise, lol.

Might be uncharted territory, but I can promise in a hypothetical scenario where Rodgers is raising hell & there’s a media circus badgering your players, coaches, etc.. it affects football operations. 

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Which is exactly the value I would put on this trade as correct compensation. 

I dunno man, a top 5 QB that was recently the back to back MVP, on a team friendly deal, who puts you in instant contention probably isn't worth the 13th pick.

• Like 1

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Then they'll trade back for more draft capital so I'll still be right 😎

Time will tell.

But flip flopping picks could easily be the "throw in" to make the deal happen.

It'll be interesting to watch.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Doubtful it sounds like they're asking for at least one, possibly two FRPs. 

They don't really have a leg to stand on for that type of return.  They said they were moving on and Rodgers wants the Jets.  The 1st would be conditional upon delivery of a Superbowl if that's the case in which I'm all for that protection.

The guy is a one year rental at this point.  Multiple 1sts?  No chance. 

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

They don't really have a leg to stand on for that type of return.  They said they were moving on and Rodgers wants the Jets.  The 1st would be conditional upon delivery of a Superbowl if that's the case in which I'm all for that protection.

The guy is a one year rental at this point.  Multiple 1sts?  No chance. 

I don't see anyway a deal gets done without at least one FRP 

I heard something about tomorrow being the day because of some CBA language that was holding up restructuring his deal.  Sounds like GB needs to eat some money so tomorrow it can officially be done.  Not sure how true that is.

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Elijah Moore and a conditional pick next year seems like a fair middle ground.

Moore is in the last year of his rookie deal.   He isn’t going to be seen as this big return value wise.   Not his fault but the Jets keeping him on ice depresses his market value a ton.  

The team that owns rookie deal players with talent but unproven NFL production always overvalues their own guy’s worth vs.  other teams.   DEN fans do the same with KJ Hamler.  

I think it’s a given there’s a first rd pick.   Its fair to wonder if the Jets are trying to keep it as a 2024 1st plus a conditional pick (not a 1st more like 3rd) vs. GB asking for 1.13 plus a conditional pick (like a 2025 3rd or A-Rod is on week 1 2024 53-man roster).