What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

5 minutes ago, sinceAtikevike said:

My favorite solution (so both teams can spin it)- swap 13 for 15, include a 2023 3/4, and a 24 3 that escalates to a 1 based on Jets team success.

GB gets to say "2 FRP included in Rodgers trade"

Jets get to say "Basically two 3rd rounders but the future 1st is if we win a super bowl so we're still happy"

That's a HORRIFIC trade package for the Packers.  Matt Ryan went for the 82nd pick last year, and he wasn't a year removed from back-to-back MVP seasons.  That package you proposed is worth roughly the 58th pick plus however you devalue future picks.  That's not good value for a recent MVP QB.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Let me get this straight, you want me to praise a GM for making a trade any GM in their right mind would do?  Sam Darnold for a SRP was a no brainer.  Jamaal Adams for 2 FRPs was a no brainer.

I’m not even a huge Douglas fan but this is a terrible take. They don’t just show up at your doorstep with these offers.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If the Jets have another losing season I think he's definitely on the hot seat. Most GM's don't make it to year 6 after 5 consecutive losing seasons.

Depends. If it’s bc of a gaping hole at QB because we didn’t get the QB Woody wanted, I don’t see it happening.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Depends. If it’s bc of a gaping hole at QB because we didn’t get the QB Woody wanted, I don’t see it happening.

The only reason you having a gaping hole at QB is because Douglas blew the #2 pick on Zach Wilson.

37 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

They're a young team that can draft a QB while the Pack still have the same problem. 

The Jets’ upside is Super Bowl aspirations vs rolling with Zach Wilson (or another trash QB) for another season.

The Packers’ upside is apparently another Day 2 pick vs no Day 2 pick. 

The Jets make off way worse and have way more to gain with this trade. That’s leverage in and of itself.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Greene N White said:

You are absolutely lost

I mean, I should be absolutely praising Steve Keim for sending Josh Rosen away for a SRP after realizing he was a bust by that logic.  If you want me to praise him for sticking to his values, sure he did a good job in that regard.  But Jets' fans are praising him based off of 1 or 2 deals as he's one of the best GMs in the league.  It'd be like me doing the same thing about Gute when he traded down for a future FRP but then traded back up for less and managed to get a superstar CB.  I mean, Gute never loses a trade so...

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Agreed, but I’m just going off of how I think Woody Johnson would operate.

If that's the case what's the pressure? Jets should just keep building through the draft and keep their picks if the owner is okay with them losing.

18 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So if a Rodgers' deal isn't done before the draft, my asking price goes up at that point.

When does the asking price drop again between Apr 30th and the option date? What does the asking price drop to as you approach the option date?

Do you want "two 3rds now" or do you want to play chicken with Aaron Rodgers/Jets/GB? If GB plays hardball now, what happens if the Jets move on- where do you unload Rodgers and for how much? 

3 minutes ago, sinceAtikevike said:

When does the asking price drop again between Apr 30th and the option date? What does the asking price drop to as you approach the option date?

Do you want "two 3rds now" or do you want to play chicken with Aaron Rodgers/Jets/GB? If GB plays hardball now, what happens if the Jets move on- where do you unload Rodgers and for how much? 

To be honest, I don't think the Packers feel pressure until about a week or two before the first week of the season.  It's going to be insanely awkward if Rodgers shows up to the Packers' training camp, but the cats out of the bag.  Jordan Love is QB1 for the Packers.

As I mentioned, the Packers probably want pick(s) this year.  If the Jets aren't dealing picks from this year, the package goes up from there because you don't get to use picks this year.  The '24 FRP is worth less than the #13 pick, so you have to make up the gradient.

EDIT: And the Jets aren't moving on.  There's no backup options available.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If that's the case what's the pressure? Jets should just keep building through the draft and keep their picks if the owner is okay with them losing.

All I’m telling you is Woody Johnson is the one behind the push for Rodgers. He won’t blame Douglas if it falls through.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, I should be absolutely praising Steve Keim for sending Josh Rosen away for a SRP after realizing he was a bust by that logic.  If you want me to praise him for sticking to his values, sure he did a good job in that regard.  But Jets' fans are praising him based off of 1 or 2 deals as he's one of the best GMs in the league.  It'd be like me doing the same thing about Gute when he traded down for a future FRP but then traded back up for less and managed to get a superstar CB.  I mean, Gute never loses a trade so...

1. Yes those are good moves and GMs should be praised for making good moves

2. The Jets were the laughing stock of the league before he got here and turned them into a good enough team to attract a HOF QB in a relatively short period of time. His first offseason he was GM was 2020 that really isn't that long ago. I'm not saying he's a top GM but he's done a good job there's no denying that.

3. Why does there have to be a "winner" and a "loser" in a trade? Trades can benefit both teams. You're so dead set on "winning" this trade that you've lost sight of the fact that your team still gets better if you get compensated with a 2nd round pick for Rodgers.

4. If this is truly the way you feel (and I don't blame you if it is because the packers have been a very well run organization and the Jets have not) then you are in for a rude awakening if Love doesn't turn into a Rodgers/Favre type QB and are going to get very frustrated with Green Bay and it's only a matter of time.

People in this thread really acting like a Day 2 pick or two is some sort of king’s ransom lol

As if SF didn’t just get awarded like a dozen thirds because a few of their staff members left for free

Like, if the difference is “we have a realistic chance at the SB” vs “we have a realistic chance at 3rd place in the division” - how are you going to justify that difference with a  single draft pick??

I don’t know if GB gets a FRP, or should. But it’s hilarious to me that people on both sides throughout the last couple weeks have laughed as if their team held all the cards on the negotiating table. 

Edited by Yin-Yang

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's a HORRIFIC trade package for the Packers.  Matt Ryan went for the 82nd pick last year, and he wasn't a year removed from back-to-back MVP seasons.  That package you proposed is worth roughly the 58th pick plus however you devalue future picks.  That's not good value for a recent MVP QB.

Jets aren't bidding against anyone and they aren't paying for past MVP seasons.  Go look at Ryan's stats the year before he was traded.  They aren't that different than what Rodgers just put up.  Ryan was younger but not the same player as Rodgers no question.  Only one of them was 90% retired though.

The year before Ryan was throwing for 4,500 yards so it's the same argument you are trying to make with Rodgers, lok at what he did 2 years ago.

Is Rodgers going for just a 3rd probably not, is he going for a 1st no probably not.  He's a 1-year rental until proven otherwise.  No organization is giving up #13 for a 1-year rental no matter who it is.  Rodgers could fall off a cliff too, I'm on the assumption there were other factors in his down year but he's 40 not 35-36 so it's a fair question.