What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think Aaron is at peace with retiring, and I think both parties would rather go that route than him being traded for middling compensation.

Yeah I'm sure Aaron is thinking "well, maybe I'll play, but only if I screw over my new team to benefit my old team that I don't like very much."

If I was the Jets, and the Packers tried to present that as actual leverage, I'd laugh in their face.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Seems like that is what you are hoping vs reality of what will happen. The Packers are not going to ask for a lot. Probably be something like a 2nd round pick and a 2024 conditional pick.  I doubt a 1st rounder is in play and I seriously doubt the 13th overall is in play. 

I seriously doubt any player cares about their future of what the team they are leaving gets for them. I doubt that is a condition for him. "hey Jets, only way I don't retire is if you give the Packers 3 1st round picks"

If your FO is taking that stance, enjoy your Jameis Winston/Zach Wilson QB room.

4 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I seriously doubt any player cares about their future of what the team they are leaving gets for them. I doubt that is a condition for him. "hey Jets, only way I don't retire is if you give the Packers 3 1st round picks"

If anything, Aaron seems like the type of petty guy who would put a ceiling on his price.

Does 2 things:

1. Screws over the Packers so he gets an ego boost
2. Gives him leverage with what the Jets do on any picks he saves them. Go spend that 1st rounder on a weapon that the Packers never drafted for him, and if he saves a 3rd rounder he could ask them to go trade that for a veteran.

• Like 2

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah I'm sure Aaron is thinking "well, maybe I'll play, but only if I screw over my new team to benefit my old team that I don't like very much."

If I was the Jets, and the Packers tried to present that as actual leverage, I'd laugh in their face.

For someone close to WI it's pretty laughable you're not factoring in Aaron's ego. Of course that wouldn't be presented in negotiations I didn't think I'd have to stipulate something that was so common sense based.

There's no forcing GB to trade Rodgers, we simply say to Aaron, sorry man, they aren't offering up close to what you're worth. What do you want to do? Re-work that contract and come back or retire?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Let me start of first by saying this...I 100% don't care what we get for him, I just want him gone. Retirement or conditional picks, I want the Love era to start. 

This isn't about Aaron benefitting the Packers. This is about Aaron looking at it through the microscope of "I got traded for less than ******* Russell Wilson?" as an ego trip issue. I literally, in one of the threads on the Packers forum, yesterday, said trade him for less than Favre got just to **** up his fragile ego. Let that rattle his cages. Rodgers isn't going to try to look out for the Packers on his way out, he only wants that perception so he's not the bad guy in this.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

For someone close to WI it's pretty laughable you're not factoring in Aaron's ego. Of course that wouldn't be presented in negotiations I didn't think I'd have to stipulate something that was so common sense based.

There's no forcing GB to trade Rodgers, we simply say to Aaron, sorry man, they aren't offering up close to what you're worth. What do you want to do? Re-work that contract and come back or retire?

He's already proven he's bigger than anyone else on the team when he played for you last year and made you extend him on a massive, massive contract that you knew would hamstring you.

He's already proven you need him by dragging this out and watching as you wait.

You've fed his ego the whole time, he knows it, and now you're not useful to him. He's gonna burn you for all he can on the way out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He's already proven he's bigger than anyone else on the team when he played for you last year and made you extend him on a massive, massive contract that you knew would hamstring you.

You've fed his ego the whole time, he knows it, and now you're not useful to him. He's gonna burn you for all he can on the way out.

More or less than Stan Kroenke?

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Aaron's too sensitive to go through the fan pushback that Brett did. The guy can't handle watching flocks of fans burn his jersey. He can't even handle a fan saying that he looks shorter than they expected in person. He's going to make this as cordial as possible so that he can come back to GB after he retires and fill Lambeau with his retirement party being treated like the King of Wisconsin.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You can get mad at it all you want, we've all heard dudes say "no my ex-wife won't take half on the way out because of the optics". They all end up with half.

Mad? I'm not mad lol. I'm ******* joyous that this is likely over. We could trade him for a conditional 7th and my day would be poppin'. Hell, we could attach picks to get out from under that contract and I wouldn't care. We **** up our 3rd rounders anyways, why not just not make those picks? 

I'm the wrong person to talk at on this one, ask anyone in the Packers forum. 

19 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Seems like that is what you are hoping vs reality of what will happen. The Packers are not going to ask for a lot. Probably be something like a 2nd round pick and a 2024 conditional pick.  I doubt a 1st rounder is in play and I seriously doubt the 13th overall is in play. 

The Packers aren't asking for a haul apparently.  They're asking for fair value so that they can move onto Jordan Love.  I've pegged Rodgers' value as roughly a late FRP and change.  A late FRP is fair value for 1 year of Aaron Rodgers, especially when you factor in that you get him for a dirt cheap for that year.  And I'd imagine the Packers would want some extra value if Rodgers plays for more than a single year.  NOBODY is suggesting the Jets would or should trade 3 FRPs for Rodgers.