What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

9 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Jets need Rodgers more then the Packers need to get rid of him. Packers aren't competing in 2023 regardless. We're eating most of his contract in 2023 regardless. Saleh and JD jobs both depend on getting Rodgers. Packers know this, Jets know this. Packers aren't letting him go for peanuts.

There’s a big gap between peanuts and two 1st rounders. Y’all are doing him dirty. A 2nd and a conditional pick has always been reasonable offer.

The GB front office seems scared to trade him.

Edited by SDotNova

22 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This is a reactionary NFL-gen take, but this is the difference between him and Brady.

I'm a packers fan and Rodgers on the field is one of my favourite players ever, but you're absolutely right here, and it's been the case since at least draft day 2021.

Look at Brady last offseason. He recited more or less immediately after huss season ended, and while he changed his mind, he had dien so and unretired in about 3 weeks - then he went to OTAs etc if I recall to make sure he and his teammates were fully up to speed with each other.

Rodgers is unquestionably the more talented of the two (not that Brady ai any slouch!), but comparing the two is an excellent example of how there is more to the game than just talent, especially at QB. 

5 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

2nd ever interview I’ve seen Rodgers have. This dude is not what some paint him as. Classy interview. Wow.

Aaron gets an ungodly amount of unnecessary hate. Though there is certainly warranted hate as well.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

There’s a big gap between peanuts and two 1st rounders. Y’all are doing him dirty. A 2nd and a conditional pick has always been reasonable offer.

#13 and a conditional 3rd in 2024 that goes up to a 1st based on conditions

13 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

They're employed to get the best outcome for the Packers. They aren't scared.

When you go to the car lot, the dealership needs to sell you a car and by you going there, you need to buy a car. You each have values set in place and you meet in the middle somewhere, it just takes time.

We're not going to get two firsts, but we're going to get a 1st worth of value. Whether that's pick 13, or lower picks and young players like Elijah Moore, Jeremy Ruckert, Michael Carter or Jermaine Johnson.

5 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Never took packers fans for the delusional type until I started seeing this nonsense.

If you think Packers are eating a good portion of Rodgers contract while giving him away for anything less than a 1st, you're delusional. Jets are getting Rodgers at 15m next year, 35m in 2024. Jets FO jobs all depend on them landing Rodgers now. They put all their eggs in one basket. You're not getting a top 10 QB on a decent contract without giving up value

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

They're employed to get the best outcome for the Packers. They aren't scared.

When you go to the car lot, the dealership needs to sell you a car and by you going there, you need to buy a car. You each have values set in place and you meet in the middle somewhere, it just takes time.

We're not going to get two firsts, but we're going to get a 1st worth of value. Whether that's pick 13, or lower picks and young players like Elijah Moore, Jeremy Ruckert, Michael Carter or Jermaine Johnson.

Ok but would you pay a **** ton of money for a car just to sit in your garage that you knew would be worth nothing in a year? Or would you take what you could get for it. It's not rocket science. You aren't getting 13, and you sure as hell aren't getting jermaine johnson I can assure you of that.

22 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

2nd ever interview I’ve seen Rodgers have. This dude is not what some paint him as. Classy interview. Wow.

This was probably the best interview I've ever seen of him. That retreat did him well.

Have to thank him for helping put the pressure on Woody, too. Now the Jets world knows he wants to go there. Now all the pressure is on Woody to make it happen. 

Rodgers made public the leverage GBs FO has. Love it.

Edited by incognito_man

Just now, Mdpackfan22 said:

If you think Packers are eating a good portion of Rodgers contract while giving him away for anything less than a 1st, you're delusional. Jets are getting Rodgers at 15m next year, 35m in 2024. Jets FO jobs all depend on them landing Rodgers now. They put all their eggs in one basket. You're not getting a top 10 QB on a decent contract without giving up value

I mean they'll eat his contract and get nothing in return if you don't trade him would you prefer that?

Just now, Greene N White said:

Ok but would you pay a **** ton of money for a car just to sit in your garage that you knew would be worth nothing in a year? Or would you take what you could get for it. It's not rocket science. You aren't getting 13, and you sure as hell aren't getting jermaine johnson I can assure you of that.

Then Jets can go another year without making the playoffs. Your entire FO will lose their jobs and Jets fans will riot that one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game said on air he wants to play for the Jets and they couldn't land him

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

This was probably the best interview I've ever seen of him. That retreat did him well.

Have to thank him for helping out the pressure on Woody, too. Now the Jets world knows he wants to go there. Now all the pressure is on Woody to make it happen. 

Rodgers made public the leverage GBs FO has. Love it.

Disagree that all the pressure is on Woody. Woody’s job was to sell the franchise. Same with the FO and Coaching staff. That part was done. Now we wait to see who blinks. I can say from prior negotiations, Joe Douglas is not blinking. So if your FO has the same stubbornness, this trade wont be happening any time soon. Maybe before the draft or during the summer.