What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

3 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Then Jets can go another year without making the playoffs. Your entire FO will lose their jobs and Jets fans will riot that one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game said on air he wants to play for the Jets and they couldn't land him

Great and your GM could've gotten a 2nd or 3rd round pick but instead got nothing in that scenario and had to pay a guy 60 million dollars to not play. You have 0 leverage Aaron himself can screw you if it comes down to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Disagree that all the pressure is on Woody. Woody’s job was to sell the franchise. Same with the FO and Coaching staff. That part was done. Now we wait to see who blinks. I can say from prior negotiations, Joe Douglas is not blinking. So if your FO has the same stubbornness, this trade wont be happening any time soon. Maybe before the draft or during the summer.

The Packers training camp will be a circus if they don't move him.

7 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Ok but would you pay a **** ton of money for a car just to sit in your garage that you knew would be worth nothing in a year? Or would you take what you could get for it. It's not rocket science. You aren't getting 13, and you sure as hell aren't getting jermaine johnson I can assure you of that.

Then you guys can wait it out, Zach Wilson can run your OTAs and mini camp. We don't have to do anything with Rodgers until week 1.

It's literally the packers trade Aaron Rodgers to the Jets his ONLY suitor for what is probably a reasonable price or pay the guy $60 million to not play and get 0 compensation. 

The packers had leverage until aaron came out and said he wants to go to NY. Now they have 0. There are no other trade partners and you can walk away with something or nothing.

5 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Great and your GM could've gotten a 2nd or 3rd round pick but instead got nothing in that scenario and had to pay a guy 60 million dollars to not play. You have 0 leverage Aaron himself can screw you if it comes down to it.

JD and Saleh seat is a lot warmer than Gute and MLF. One team hasn't been to the playoffs in 12 years. The other has been to 2 conference championships in the last 4 years. One side can afford to wait, one side can't. We'll see who blinks first

Edited by Mdpackfan22

Ok, here is my thoughts on the trade compensation question.

The thought that the Packers don't have to be worried about moving Rodgers because the Jets need him isn't accurate. The key with leverage in trades is having multiple suitors. You can't have a ton of leverage for a guy that you want to dump if their is only one other party who is in the game. The Pack can't go into the summer with Rodgers on their roster, they want to move forward with Love and give him a shot to be their QB and that would just be a massive distraction for the team. They want to get him off the books so they can start making moves to better their team. Yes, the Jets need him... but as much as the Jets need him the Pack need him to go.

I would imagine realistic trade compensation is the Jets eating some extra money(I don't know the exact contact details) and giving up around a second round pick in compensation. To me that would come in the form of a third round pick this year + some addons.

Will be interesting to follow this for sure. I can say one thing I would be absolutely FLOORED if the Pack get #13 in this deal.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

It's literally the packers trade Aaron Rodgers to the Jets his ONLY suitor for what is probably a reasonable price or pay the guy $60 million to not play and get 0 compensation. 

The packers had leverage until aaron came out and said he wants to go to NY. Now they have 0. There are no other trade partners and you can walk away with something or nothing.

Wouldn't it be a headache for Rodgers to sit out though? I think a deal gets done but I don't think the Packers are going to accept less under any circumstances.

2 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

GBs FO is feeling REALLY good and secure right now. They love their next QB and have really secure jobs.

They own the rights to an asset they know the Jets desperately want. And they have all the time in the world to sit on it and wait. 

We can wait and see if a starter gets hurt in camp and suddenly there's another suitor.

Still shaking my head at the "understanding" of actual leverage in this whole situation. 

The Packers bet Aaron wouldn't actually retire. A really safe gamble. The second he decided he wants to keep playing, the Packers have all the leverage.

Just wait and see. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

JD and Saleh seat is a lot warmer than Gute and MLF. One team hasn't been to the playoffs in 12 years. The other has been to 2 conference championships in the last 4 years. One side can afford to wait, one side can't. We'll see who blinks first

The Jets basically have to land him now as well, there aren't any other veteran options out there. And if they miss on him after passing on a chance to sign Carr/Jimmy, while Rodgers is saying he wants to be there, because they won't give up a pick or two it's going to look terrible on Joe Douglas.

I expect Aaron to chime in now that he's on board too if this drags on. He already articulated that he's "the best player in franchise history" he's not going to call GB and ask them to take less for them. He's going to call Woody and say "come on, we doing this or not? Who gives a **** about a pick this year or some young backups that aren't going to help us this year."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Howler said:

The Packers training camp will be a circus if they don't move him.

It will be. But that’s where this is headed. Both teams have dug in. Neither side will blink. So the trade will either take place before the draft or before the bonus payment.

After watching that interview, I’ll wait. Training camp isnt until July and Rodgers already knows the playbook.

Edited by SDotNova

Just now, NYRaider said:

The Jets basically have to land him now as well, there aren't any other veteran options out there. And if they miss on him after passing on a chance to sign Carr/Jimmy, while Rodgers is saying he wants to be there, because they won't give up a pick or two it's going to look terrible on Joe Douglas.

And the only team trading for him is.... the Jets.

What you are saying is true, but the Packers need the Jets in this deal just as much.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I expect Aaron to chime in now that he's on board too if this drags on. He already articulated that he's "the best player in franchise history" he's not going to call GB and ask them to take less for them. He's going to call Woody and say "come on, we doing this or not? Who gives a **** about a pick this year or some young backups that aren't going to help us this year."

Packers fans care about picks. And so does the FO.