What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

Just now, NYRaider said:

I believe Rodgers will have a $15M cap hit in 2023 and a $34M cap hit in 2024.

Sitting at $11.6M over the cap, pre-draft.

Lots of room for money, though. Extending Q, cutting Corey Davis, doing something with Lawson and Mosley - they’re going to have room. 

Green Bay needs to play their stance carefully.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

"Not a member of the Jets".

Seriously, if the Packers think there's a bright and shiny draft pick at the end of that rainbow, I wish them the best of luck. That's living with an ex to save on rent money level stupid.

He's not affecting anything negatively for us. What's your logic? It doesn't track. 

Why is Andrew Brandt wrong about his assessment?

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Once again, it goes both ways. The Jets do have to get a deal done.... but now so does GB. The Pack are not going to pay Aaron Rodgers to backup Love.

Sure the Pack can stall it out, but they aren't going to stall this out deep into the summer. It just won't happen.

I think the Jets are under significantly more pressure to get a deal done than the Packers are, especially after Rodgers just publicly stated he's open to playing for them and just waiting on a trade to materialize. We've seen Rodgers and the Packers have issues and then rekindle in the past, I don't think that's out of the realm of possibilities to happen again.

• Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This is why Aaron Rodgers has the leverage, not the teams.

I mean we literally saw Aaron flex his leverage an hour ago. Now we'll see how much it matters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

That's just an ignorant take. They have the opportunity to get draft picks and surround Jordan Love with talent but would rather be stubborn and get nothing?

It’s called negotiating. What’s the alternative? Take whatever they can get for the future HOFer that has only one buyer, and just be happy they get whatever they get?

That’s ignorant, lol. 

5 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Any asset whether it be bitcoin, a car, or an NFL player is worth what someone will pay for it. Unfortunately for the packers they only have one suitor so once again they can get nothing or take what they can get. At this point Aaron Rodgers is what would be known in business terms as a sunk cost for Green Bay.

Maybe Packers fans live in a world where nothing is better than something but most of us live on earth where that is not the case.

Are you willing to wait until Sep 1 to get Rodgers? Then you have all the leverage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

He's not affecting anything negatively for us. What's your logic? It doesn't track. 

Why is Andrew Brandt wrong about his assessment?

I've said over and over again here why the Packers have no leverage. Rodgers giving an interview doesn't change that in any direction.

Brandt is wrong in this case because fans don't run football teams. Even if they did, there's just as much pressure from Packer fans to get him out as there is from Jets fans to bring him in.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think the Jets are under significantly more pressure to get a deal done than the Packers are, especially after Rodgers just publicly stated he's open to playing for them and just waiting on a trade to materialize. We've seen Rodgers and the Packers have issues and then rekindle in the past, I don't think that's out of the realm of possibilities to happen again.

This is pretty clearly a lot different. The issues in years prior were Rodgers not being happy with the Pack. Now it is crystal clear the Pack want to move forward with Love. There is absolutely no world that Rodgers is playing for the Pack this September. 

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This is pretty clearly a lot different. The issues in years prior were Rodgers not being happy with the Pack. No it is crystal clear the Pack want to move forward with Love. There is absolutely no world that Rodgers is playing for the Pack this September. 

You're right but they also have the ability to just wait it out until September 1st.

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

It’s called negotiating. What’s the alternative? Take whatever they can get for the future HOFer that has only one buyer, and just be happy they get whatever they get?

That’s ignorant, lol. 

The fact that he's a future HOFer goes out the window the second he said he's not returning to the team and specifically will only go to the jets. As a GM it is your obligation to build the best possible team you can and accepting 0 compensation when you could've gotten something is a fireable offense as far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

You're right but they also have the ability to just wait it out until September 1st.

Playing the game of chicken goes both ways. The Pack can wait till the 1st. What if the Jets play the same game down to the wire? Then the Pack have to start sweating more and more.

Both teams have to make the move. Painting it as one side having leverage while the other is desperate to make the move is just not true.