What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

14 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

I definitely was in the packers' fans boat that he was going for a first round pick provided that there were multiple teams in the running. Now that is no longer the case so the market is not the same. It's just not rocket science.

You’re focusing on the “demand” part and completely ignore the “supply” part. The Packers don’t have other buyers, but the Jets don’t have other options. It goes both ways.

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Man this sucks. I obviously knew the end was coming sooner than later but this guy has been my QB my entire adult life. Gonna be strange not seeing 12 out there when week 1 rolls around.

I was in that same situation with Favre.

I feel yah.  It's an odd feeling, for sure.

I was emotional when Brett went into the HOF and came back to Lambeau and there were all of those great interviews and clips.

I won't be nearly as emotional when Rodgers time rolls around.  It'll be fun and I'll enjoy the hell out of it, but it won't be quite the same.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You’re focusing on the “demand” part and completely ignore the “supply” part. The Packers don’t have other buyers, but the Jets don’t have other options. It goes both ways.

No I'm not. If the Jets had their way they would only have to give up a 7th round pick. If the packers had their way they'd get 2 firsts. They will inevitably meet somewhere in the middle which is what some  packers fans don't understand.

2 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

No I'm not. If the Jets had their way they would only have to give up a 7th round pick. If the packers had their way they'd get 2 firsts. They will inevitably meet somewhere in the middle which is what some  packers fans don't understand.

Yes, you are lol.

”the Packers can take what they can get or get nothing”

”if they don’t do the trade, that’s fireable”

”The packers have 0 leverage”

If this trade doesn’t happen - which party is the most screwed? 

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Yes, you are lol.

”the Packers can take what they can get or get nothing”

”if they don’t do the trade, that’s fireable”

”The packers have 0 leverage”

If this trade doesn’t happen - which party is the most screwed? 

You're missing my point entirely. I never was implying that they take a 7th round pick. If there's a decent offer with at least a 2nd round pick on the table they'd be insane to not take it. But he's not costing 2 firsts it just isn't happening. When I say they don't have leverage I mean it in the sense that they don't have leverage to command 2 first round picks.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, General Tso said:

I think there are examples for and against high compensation. Deshaun and Russell don't look like they worked out. Stafford did work out. The truth and compensation are probably somewhere in the middle.

Stop being reasonable. We're trying to do a thing.

28 minutes ago, squire12 said:

if it goes past the NFL draft, GB is better off waiting until after June 1st to spread the cap hit over 2 years + limiting Rodgers ability to participate in OTA and off season stuff with NYJ.  

He will be traded by training camp. It wouldn't be a good idea IMO, but the Jets could always pivot and get someone else. The Packers absolutely can't keep him out Love becomes a problem.

Just now, Greene N White said:

You're missing my point entirely. I never was implying that they take a 7th round pick. If there's a decent offer with at least a 2nd round pick on the table they'd be insane to not take it. But he's not costing 2 firsts it just isn't happening. When I say they don't have leverage I mean it in the sense that they don't have leverage to command 2 first round picks.

TBH I'd start on 1 1st and conditionals. Make the superbowl 1st round pick in 2024, make the playoffs 3rd round pick 2024, miss the playoffs a big 0 burger. 

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

TBH I'd start on 1 1st and conditionals. Make the superbowl 1st round pick in 2024, make the playoffs 3rd round pick 2024, miss the playoffs a big 0 burger. 

Let's be real we have no need for 3rds. Might as well make it a 4th.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

When I say they don't have leverage I mean it in the sense that they don't have leverage to command 2 first round picks.

Important distinction. Although they’d be stupid not to start that negotiation there. 

So who’s the worst off of the trade doesn’t go down? Who makes out the best if the trade does go through (assuming your prediction of compensation is correct)? 

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

This.

In fact, we will gift you our third WITH Rodgers to get this deal done.

That would be hilarious if it was Rodgers for X, then we actually added our 3rd for two 4ths.

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

That would be hilarious if it was Rodgers for X, then we actually added our 3rd for two 4ths.

:)

Well, on our thread there was a debate as to what a "throw in" was in this trade.

Our third should certainly be a throw in.  Because we will blow that pick big time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Important distinction. Although they’d be stupid not to start that negotiation there. 

So who’s the worst off of the trade doesn’t go down? Who makes out the best if the trade does go through (assuming your prediction of compensation is correct)? 

I don't disagree with you in the fact that they definitely would be dumb to not start there. But the key word there is start.

Now assuming my compensation is correct I would say both teams are losers if the trade doesn't go down. The packers effectively get nothing for Rodgers and the Jets don't get their QB. Who's worse off? The Jets but both teams are worse than they could've been had they just done the trade.

Who makes out the best? I think both teams make out well. The packers get decent draft compensation and can put a piece or 2 around Love as opposed to nothing, and the Jets get an elite QB for at least a year. Who makes out best? Depends entirely on how Rodgers performs but both teams are WINNERS in my scenario at least as of right now.

Now let's look at the Jets trading 13 and a first next year. There is a clear winner in this scenario. The Packers get franchise changing type compensation for a player who no other team is even in on that wasn't going to return regardless and the Jets run the risk of gutting their 2024 draft and Rodgers retires and they're left without a first rounder? Come on that's just not happening. The only way GB is getting the first next year is if it's based on the Jets at the very minimum making the super bowl.