Super Bowl LVII - Philadelphia vs Kansas City

Leader

James Bradberry stepped up after the game and took accountability. Great to see a guy do that. Shows he's a stand up guy.

No doubt he held JJSS. My problem is how many times during the game did officials get alligator arms when the same thing happened 15 -20 times prior. It's like holding, it could get called on every play. 

Choosing to throw the flag in that situation is a tough break for the Eagles. Not going to go conspiracy theory here but the Chiefs were bailed out in consecutive playoff games by the officials. 

I hate it when officials become the story at the end of a game. 

Edited by Old Guy

Field Yates -  The Chiefs offense in the second half:

4 total drives: TD, TD, TD, game-winning FG

Patrick Mahomes: 13-of-14, 2 passing TD

They had ZERO total penalties, allowed ZERO sacks and had ZERO negative runs against arguably the best DL in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Laces Out said:

New record set last night with Maholmes counting for highest percentage against the cap as a single QB since Steve Young, the Twitter experts oddly left out last year's Rams with a goofy combined pay for a guy not even on the team.

The chiefs are what the Packers should have been the last decade. Props to them being aggressive. Masterclass in team building and coaching. 

Also, masterclass in having a QB who comes up big in big moments. 

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Also, masterclass in having a QB who comes up big in big moments. 

Not sure that Mahomes came up big.

He hit what was there.  Didn't make any really poor throws and stare a hole at a receiver.  Got injured, and still came back to lead his team.  Put his body on the line for a big play.

But basically, he played the game within the script.  Over and over took what was there.  Didn't force it.  

It was odd watching this happen.  GB has had a lot of spurts like that in games, but never a whole game like that.  For all that god given talent that Mahomes has, the best part is between his ears right now and his trust in Andy Reid.

Which tells me that either Rodgers has been too conceited to buy into MLF's offensive scheme, or MLF is not a good enough leader to earn that kind of trust from Rodgers.  So one of them needs to go.  

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

James Bradberry stepped up after the game and took accountability. Great to see a guy do that. Shows he's a stand up guy.

No doubt he held JJSS. My problem is how many times during the game did officials get alligator arms when the same thing happened 15 -20 times prior. It's like holding, it could get called on every play. 

Choosing to throw the flag in that situation is a tough break for the Eagles. Not going to go conspiracy theory here but the Chiefs were bailed out in consecutive playoff games by the officials. 

I hate it when officials become the story at the end of a game. 

Man I've watched that replay a dozen times.  If there was a hold I sure didn't see it.  

1 hour ago, LacyIsGood said:

Agreed.  Wish we had a QB who was willing to elevate the talent around him when it wasn’t elite.  

Also the NFL needs to allow penalties to be reviewed.  Now that so many reviews are expedited, it wouldn’t take up too much time, and the teams will almost certainly have a challenge available.

The problem, in this case at least, is that by the letter of the law it is a hold. I didn't see the penalty before, but you can see a jersey grab, just not in the reply Fox showed.

And I don't agree with the concept of not calling penalties just because it's the final "x" minutes/seconds of a game. Especially if they've been calling them the rest of the game.

The problem is...they hadn't been. There were numerous missed holds, including the DPI on the third down early in the game and this one here.

If you're going to "let them play", then do it for all 60 minutes. If you're going to call it tight, then do it for all 60 minutes.

Edited by Striker

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

This KC team did not have "weapons aplenty" to support their MVP QB.  They had Kelce and a bunch of JAG's.  The GB teams of 2020 and 2021 had better weapons.

And despite that, KC was still able to win because of superior coaching. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, svp said:

I bet the GBP  go with TE for first round draft pick, cuz of Kelce, Micheal Myers will be a fan favorite.

If the Packers decide to draft a TE in the first because of Kelce (a third round pick) I will not only join the 'Fire Gute' Bandwagon, I'm captaining that ****er.

26 minutes ago, Striker said:

If the Packers decide to draft a TE in the first because of Kelce (a third round pick) I will not only join the 'Fire Gute' Bandwagon, I'm captaining that ****er.

I've no clue about TE depth in this draft and I dont need GB to snag one with their first - but - I eagerly look forward to the position once again being part of our passing attack. We've not had a decent TE in that attack for two years running. Lousy production from the position.

1 hour ago, Striker said:

The problem, in this case at least, is that by the letter of the law it is a hold. I didn't see the penalty before, but you can see a jersey grab, just not in the reply Fox showed.

And I don't agree with the concept of not calling penalties just because it's the final "x" minutes/seconds of a game. Especially if they've been calling them the rest of the game.

The problem is...they hadn't been. There were numerous missed holds, including the DPI on the third down early in the game and this one here.

If you're going to "let them play", then do it for all 60 minutes. If you're going to call it tight, then do it for all 60 minutes.

the play in the last 2 minutes, Juju was isolated on that side and the ref had a clear line of sight at the play.

The play earlier is different as there were more bodies that makes the infraction less easy to see from the refs view