Demeco Ryans to Texans (6 years)

Manny/Patrick

5 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

So question now is who does he bring in as OC?

I'd look outside of SF and get the Rams Thomas Brown. Pair him with Pierce and Tunsil and get a good thing rolling. You can probably pull baby Kubiak as a QB coach and start a tree. Baby Embree from KC's staff probably could get a position coach spot, but he's been DB/LB/DEF where his dad and brother are run game guys with SF origins. Wes Welker from Miami is another maybe potential candidate if McDaniel lets him pursue a bit more involvement, like if he has a shot to be a passing game coordinator or something like that, he'd have a SF connection.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I think his reputation and former Texan player status gives him a couple of courtesy years. The whole one and done thing back to back years is kinda funny though.

Sorta like the QB situation in Cleveland for the last two decades…

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I'd look outside of SF and get the Rams Thomas Brown. Pair him with Pierce and Tunsil and get a good thing rolling. You can probably pull baby Kubiak as a QB coach and start a tree.

Would hate to lose him but McVay just doesn't promote OC/DC from within and he'd be a good hire. 

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Anthony Lynn is the one choice that seems ti be mentioned the most, but I’m also keeping eyes on Klay Kubiak as an OC in-waiting.

That could make sense. I don't love Lynn as an OC, but may do well to have that voice there. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he takes someone like Daniel Bullocks with him to be his DC. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

That could make sense. I don't love Lynn as an OC, but may do well to have that voice there. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he takes someone like Daniel Bullocks with him to be his DC. 

I’ve been hearing Marquand Manual a lot - currently on Robert Saleh’s Jets staff. Both would be inspired hires.

15 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Wonder if his first request to the GM is to go get Jimmy Ward in FA?

What 49ers are up for FA on Defense? Needs players who can help teach on the field what he's implementing. 

Between Saleh, Ryans, and Kiara Mia. He’s going to get pulled from every direction 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Johnny Holland is the one I expect to follow him and become a DC for the first time. He was Demeco's position coach in Houston, he's your beloved LB coach now, and has overcome cancer that may have stunted a potential rise to DC previously, but he has beaten that now.

• Like 1