Texans hire former 49ers DC/former Texans Team Captain DeMeco Ryans to be its 6th Head Coach

ET80

13 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Wouldn't be a fan of this. Kind puts me off a bit that we're even talking to him. We need a direction away from NE. I get that he's a rising coach and whatever like Rapoport mentions but no thanks. He's been interviewed by teams for OC jobs this offseason also so must have some solid reputation, but honestly don't want any part of the Patriots offense from 2022 (they sucked). I'm not on board with this at all. 

One thing that I have learned in coaching is to never assume that someone who worked under someone else will do things that same way when they get a chance. Some guys just have a totally different mindset and when they get the chance they take some stuff from the coaches they worked under but can do things an entirely different way. I am an o-line guy and special teams coordinator, and I would do both a lot differently if I was the OC or head coach. 

so you really dont know what you are getting from hiring a coach. that is why the interviews are so important.  

4 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Just give us the cliff notes 

"We want a diverse coaching staff. We want great teachers. We want guys who are positive, guys who can connect with players. We want guys who bring energy, doing it in a fun way, committed to working together, no egos allowed, no energy vampires. We want a positive culture. You want a diverse staff. Players learn differently."

Thinks Stingley has outstanding talent. Loved Pitre coming out of Baylor.  Says Christian Harris is fast and psychical. 

He said everyone has a voice and everybody will be heard.  He wants to hire unselfish coaches who bring energy and do the right things for the team. 

He knows we need to add more QB's.  He understands Mills is on the roster.  Used San Fran's QB situation as an example.   Needs great OL, RB, TE's and WR's.  It's not on one guy's shoulder to win the game.  It's building around each other.

• Like 2