Tom Brady Officially Retires

jimkelly02

44 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If Jimmy is the QB one year for 32M or less, I am ok with it. But anything more than one year and I’ll be completely outraged. And we have to draft a rookie in the 1st. I’m not signing a bridge QB without a rookie waiting in the wings. 

Good luck with that. With all the teams needing a QB, I highly doubt Jimmy G is going to take a 1 year deal as a stopgap. He can go to any other team and have some stability.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You are the only forum poster hyped about Jimmy. He is worse than Carr with all the same flaws. Worst QB under pressure in the NFL. Can’t throw bombs. Terrible pocket presence. Meh arm. Cocky dbag. Football IQ questionable. And he is completely made of paper. Jimmy is not a Top 20 NFL QB. 

I’m the only one here that knows football 

3 minutes ago, Totty said:

We look like a bunch of cucks starting a thread in a Raider forum. He wasn't ever a Raider.  

Then ask the moderator to delete the thread.  Sorry, I didn’t realize how protective everyone is with the threads.

Personally, I don’t like the 900 page threads because they tend to have 5 conversations going on at once.   

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Then ask the moderator to delete the thread.  Sorry, I didn’t realize how protective everyone is with the threads.

Personally, I don’t like the 900 page threads because they tend to have 5 conversations going on at once.   

It's just comical to me that we have something dedicated to a guy who never suited up for us.  We didn't have one for Big Ben and he was ALMOST a Raider.  It seems like we're desperate (we might be honestly). 

I don't want to waste time asking for it to be deleted. Just find it funny.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I agree. Thinner QB market and saves the Raiders (Mark Davis) from himself. Now maybe allows McZiegler some more time to build this right vs. this "win now" nonsense with a bad roster. 

Until he forces DZ to give up multiple firsts to get Aaron Rodgers.

17 hours ago, Totty said:

We look like a bunch of cucks starting a thread in a Raider forum. He wasn't ever a Raider.  

We only needed another thread to talk about Carr in..... well, only one person is really doing that and we shouldn't be surprised but yes, your point remains. 

He was never going to be a Raider and not sure why anyone would've wanted him to be one anyway. I'm happy he won't be b/c I'd rather look at many other options

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 1:19 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

I think they are comparable. The main reason of ditching Carr for Jimmy is he will be cheaper than Carr. I agree if Jimmy is viewed as a long-term option then we are screwed. But I am not against signing him for a bridge QB until our high selection rookie is ready.

I think the main reason they'd ditch Carr for Jimmy is because they prefer him as a leader / how he'd fit in the new culture they're trying to build. But it seems like they were pretty set on Tom Brady tbh. Making a lateral move at QB doesn't really make a ton of sense, we either need to upgrade (Rodgers) or draft the QBOTF. 

On 2/2/2023 at 7:36 PM, NYRaider said:

I think the main reason they'd ditch Carr for Jimmy is because they prefer him as a leader / how he'd fit in the new culture they're trying to build. But it seems like they were pretty set on Tom Brady tbh. Making a lateral move at QB doesn't really make a ton of sense, we either need to upgrade (Rodgers) or draft the QBOTF. 

Stiddy season coming right up.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Cutting Carr, just to whiff on every good veteran option and be forced to roll with Stidham would be next level incompetence. 

Bro there are no good veteran options.  Jimmy G.?  Baker Mayfield?  Geno Smith?  Daniel Jones?

Lamar Jackson definitely aint it.  Report recently came out saying him and the Ravens are 100M apart in what he should be getting paid.  If I were to guess I'd assume the Ravens are looking at 30M per season for 5 years and he's hoping to get 50M per season for 5 years (100M difference).  Raiders can't afford Jackson whether we like it or not.  Same with Rodgers.  We sign Rodgers then we all know we are keeping a bottom of the barrel defense.  Might as well just accept the fact that we aren't stopping Mahomes/Wilson/Herbert for the next 2-5 years.  I'm personally hoping we stick with stiddy for a year, draft a QB to develop, and then put together our defense (get it into the top 10).  That way we can rely on a heavy ground game and defense while our QB develops.

4 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Bro there are no good veteran options.  Jimmy G.?  Baker Mayfield?  Geno Smith?  Daniel Jones?

Lamar Jackson definitely aint it.  Report recently came out saying him and the Ravens are 100M apart in what he should be getting paid.  If I were to guess I'd assume the Ravens are looking at 30M per season for 5 years and he's hoping to get 50M per season for 5 years (100M difference).  Raiders can't afford Jackson whether we like it or not.  Same with Rodgers.  We sign Rodgers then we all know we are keeping a bottom of the barrel defense.  Might as well just accept the fact that we aren't stopping Mahomes/Wilson/Herbert for the next 2-5 years.  I'm personally hoping we stick with stiddy for a year, draft a QB to develop, and then put together our defense (get it into the top 10).  That way we can rely on a heavy ground game and defense while our QB develops.

I think Rodgers would only have like a $15M cap hit. So if we're able to work out a reasonable deal in terms of the draft pick compensation, we'd still have a ton of assets that we could use to aggressively upgrade the roster. 

Edited by NYRaider

43 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think Rodgers would only have like a $15M cap hit. So if we're able to work out a reasonable deal in terms of the draft pick compensation, we'd still have a ton of assets that we could use to aggressively upgrade the roster. 

1 year to put it altogether is easier said than done.  We'd be responsible for paying the full 50M in 2024 right?  I know he'd be willing to restructure but that just kicks the can down the road right?