Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. In this league, I think next year, I'm just gonna wait until 3 rounds before the end and get a TE. I skipped on a few guys that could be helping my team at other positions for Walker

TE, DEF, K as your final three selections? (for the record, I hate that ESPN forces you to draft for those positions)

14 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I’d probably roll with Charles clay. He starts right?

Yeah, but on Buffalo's pathetically weak offense. He may be where we (my son is nominally head GM of the team) go as Gates was picked up before us (had priority #9). Solid floor, but wouldn't expect much above that. Honestly, I would lean to our dark-horse option of Uzomah as at least Cincy's involving the TE a lot (and Eifert is down ... again). The dark-horse-that-I-know-will-screw-the-Redskins-IRL option would be Vernon Davis. Hopefully, it doesn't come to that.

Should we? I know we have a lot of talented young DL, but you can never have too many IMO. Can’t hurt having another NT with starring ability. A starting DL of:

LDE: Payne

NT: Phillips

RDE: Allen

Rotate Ioannidis in on Nickle packages, definitely 3rd & long.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Should we? I know we have a lot of talented young DL, but you can never have too many IMO. Can’t hurt having another NT with starring ability. A starting DL of:

LDE: Payne

NT: Phillips

RDE: Allen

Rotate Ioannidis in on Nickle packages, definitely 3rd & long.

Given the dismissive nature of the Dolphins's fans towards this guy, I would say "hard pass." I don't want the Redskins to waste time picking up scraps from other teams and thus preventing their own talent from getting reps and playing time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Woz said:

Given the dismissive nature of the Dolphins's fans towards this guy, I would say "hard pass." I don't want the Redskins to waste time picking up scraps from other teams and thus preventing their own talent from getting reps and playing time.

Buffalo claimed him off waivers, so i guess we never had a chance to grab him anyway

5 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Buffalo claimed him off waivers, so i guess we never had a chance to grab him anyway

Hmm... and, I see to remember the Bills cutting Dareus last year because he had wore out his welcome in Buffalo. Then, he goes to Jax and helps solidify that run D and they almost made the super bowl.

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Hmm... and, I see to remember the Bills cutting Dareus last year because he had wore out his welcome in Buffalo. Then, he goes to Jax and helps solidify that run D and they almost made the super bowl.

Sometimes going from a 4-12 team to a contender can change a guys attitude. 

On 10/2/2018 at 4:22 PM, Woz said:

There's no reason for you to consider Gates if McDonald is available (unless you're already planning for his week seven bye?). Unfortunately for me, he was picked up about two weeks ago.

Top 10 available to me (based on fantasypros.com ratings (positional rating in parentheses) ... it's not PPR (I've tried to convince them of changing over the years but no such luck)):

1. Antonio Gates (14)
  2. Charles Clay (15)
  3. Nick Vannett (17)
  4. Ian Thomas (18)
  5. Mike Gesicki (20)
  6. Rhett Ellison (23)
  7. Jonnu Smith (24)
  8. C.J. Uzomah (26)
  9. Geoff Swain (27)
  10. Jeff Heuerman (28)

It's an effing wasteland. Heck, I doubt I could have correctly identified which team these half of these scrubs are on without the website telling me.

So two players I wanted were available

Wentz

Vance McDonald

I put them in that order.

I got Wentz (not sure what idiot put him on waivers - probably because he was out the first 2 weeks?) and missed out on McDonald.

So I got NJoku instead