Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

14 minutes ago, Almm24 said:

I'd be mad at the Seahawks too if I were him. He lost millions cause of that injury. He wanted a long term/ better deal that he believes he deserves (rightfully so) before the season but they couldnt come to an agreement/give it to him. Thats why he was threatening to hold out. Similar to Le'veon's situation only difference is that Earl actually showed up when the season started. I feel like players in the future will hold out more for contracts they deserve and want. And they can use the Earl Thomas Injury as a point. Players need to look out for themselves, they need security because if an injury like this happens they lose millions. 

100% agree. It is a business. And the players need to make business decisions too

Ok so in my 14 team fantasy league, I've been snakebit the last 3 years in that the TEs I draft are either never healthy or have season ending injuries (last year I had Olsen and Reed).

This year I drafted Delanie Walker (out for season Week1)

I forget who I had Week 2

Week 3 I had Dissley (who didn't do anything)

This week I had Eifert (who just broke his leg)...oh and Dissley just got a severe injury as well.

So for those of you who play fantasy, I'll tell you which TE I grab next in that league so you can trade them this week before they have a season ending injury thanks to me

30 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Heard the bird was directed toward Pete Carroll rather than the entire team. No source other than some NY sports radio host. 

I think it was more or less Carroll and the front office. They didn’t want to extend his contract and they wouldnt trade him to a team that would want to extend his contract. A guest on the radio who used to cover the Seahawks said Thomas is more competitive than even most football players, he compared Thomas to Ray Lewis in terms of intensity and competitiveness.

4 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Ok so in my 14 team fantasy league, I've been snakebit the last 3 years in that the TEs I draft are either never healthy or have season ending injuries (last year I had Olsen and Reed).

This week I had Eifert (who just broke his leg)...oh and Dissley just got a severe injury as well.

So for those of you who play fantasy, I'll tell you which TE I grab next in that league so you can trade them this week before they have a season ending injury thanks to me

In case you're wondering, I ALSO have Kelce in my other league

Yeah :(

Um Mahomes, is amazing. How bad are NFL talent evaluators that he didn’t go #1 overall last year? Not that Myles Garrett isn’t great also, but I mean come on! The Browns definitely should’ve taken Mahomes. Kyle Shanahan should’ve taken Mahomes! And the worst, that the Bears traded up to take Trubisky and passed on Mahomes? 

Oh, and just in full disclosure, I never predicted this out of him either. I questioned if he was worth a top 10 pick too because of tge offense he came from at Texas Tech, obviously I was wrong just like most teams except for Andy Reid and the Chiefs.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

Just ruminating. Only 4 teams in the NFL don't have "Home-Grown" QB/s . Washington, Minn., Denver and New Orleans  ( though one can hardly count them since Brees has been there like 15 years ! So really only 3 of 32 teams .

S F now has Beathard starting. Did I miss anyone ? Pretty pitiful we are in this group but fates find us there . :( 

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Soooo... anyone else see how bad Fuller looked last night?

Is this true. I didn't stay up for the game . The game is in rerun at 1 p m this afternoon. Maybe I'll watch and look for him. Is he the slot corner or out on the edge ?

19 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Sounds familiar. In my 14 team league, I had Olsen (listed "month to month") and picked up Howard (concussion, plus bye week).

I am actually having to put in a waiver request on Old Man Gates.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Sounds familiar. In my 14 team league, I had Olsen (listed "month to month") and picked up Howard (concussion, plus bye week).

I am actually having to put in a waiver request on Old Man Gates.

I'm considering it. But for some reason Vance McDonald is available and I have waiver #1.

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

I'm considering it. But for some reason Vance McDonald is available and I have waiver #1.

There's no reason for you to consider Gates if McDonald is available (unless you're already planning for his week seven bye?). Unfortunately for me, he was picked up about two weeks ago.

Top 10 available to me (based on fantasypros.com ratings (positional rating in parentheses) ... it's not PPR (I've tried to convince them of changing over the years but no such luck)):

1. Antonio Gates (14)
  2. Charles Clay (15)
  3. Nick Vannett (17)
  4. Ian Thomas (18)
  5. Mike Gesicki (20)
  6. Rhett Ellison (23)
  7. Jonnu Smith (24)
  8. C.J. Uzomah (26)
  9. Geoff Swain (27)
  10. Jeff Heuerman (28)

It's an effing wasteland. Heck, I doubt I could have correctly identified which team these half of these scrubs are on without the website telling me.

Just now, Woz said:

There's no reason for you to consider Gates if McDonald is available (unless you're already planning for his week seven bye?). Unfortunately for me, he was picked up about two weeks ago.

Top 10 available to me (based on fantasypros.com ratings (positional rating in parentheses) ... it's not PPR (I've tried to convince them of changing over the years but no such luck)):

1. Antonio Gates (14)
  2. Charles Clay (15)
  3. Nick Vannett (17)
  4. Ian Thomas (18)
  5. Mike Gesicki (20)
  6. Rhett Ellison (23)
  7. Jonnu Smith (24)
  8. C.J. Uzomah (26)
  9. Geoff Swain (27)
  10. Jeff Heuerman (28)

It's an effing wasteland. Heck, I doubt I could have correctly identified which team these half of these scrubs are on without the website telling me.

Yup. In this league, I think next year, I'm just gonna wait until 3 rounds before the end and get a TE. I skipped on a few guys that could be helping my team at other positions for Walker