Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

What Dabo Swinney did to Kelley Bryant is extremely dirty. Dude has killed it for Clemson and he benched him for a guy who has 4 years of eligibility left. Kind of a **** move. 

Swinney asserted that the quarterback rotation would continue, but he never affirmed that Bryant would always take the first turn. Swinney portrayed the switch as a reward for Lawrence, not a punishment for Bryant.

How is that dirty? Lawrence is the better overall player, and will be there for a few more years. While Bryant is a situational player in his final year.

Should Bama be starting Jalen over Tua since in the same situation?

19 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This is a list of the % of passes caught per target.  There’s a reason why most of the players on this list are RBs and TEs, because they are shorter passing targets for the QBs.

I forget the exact stat but I heard or read the other day that almost all of Michael Thomas’s targets are under 10 yards, same with most of RBs & TEs targets.

I think any football fan would point out that Adam Theilen and Stephon Diggs are better than Josh Doctson and Paul Richardson.

For the record the actual stats for Diggs and Theilen are as follows:

• Diggs: tied for 2nd in TDs, tied for 24th in receptions

• Theilen: 2nd in the NFL in receptions, 4th in the NFL in yards.

Once more (WITH FEELING!):

• # of TDs, receptions, yards = aggregate stats
  • % of passes caught = rate stat

If you throw more, your aggregate stats will likely be higher. However, if you don't catch the ball, it's a wasted play. However, you do have a good point that the list includes RBs and TEs. If only there were a site that broke apart the stats for each position ... like say https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr (sorted by catch rate, focusing solely on WAS and MIN receivers since A) the table is quite large otherwise, and B) for copyright reasons)

RECEIVING: Minimum 12 passes, 77 players ranked

Player Team DYAR Rk DVOA Rk Passes Yards EYds TD Catch
Rate
FUM DPI
10th-tied                        
J.Crowder WAS 11 46 -0.8% 42 12 79 90 1 75% 0 0/0
16th -tied                        
A.Thielen MIN 49 23 1.6% 39 44 338 353 1 73% 0 0/0
42nd-tied                        
P.Richardson WAS 33 36 17.1% 21 14 131 139 1 64% 0 1/22
58th-tied                        
L.Treadwell MIN 1 54 -11.8% 54 14 74 90 1 57% 0 0/0
61st                        
S.Diggs MIN -11 61 -17.4% 59 29 188 170 3 55% 0 0/0
75th-tied                        
J.Doctson WAS -21 68 -30.3% 68 13 48 67 0 38% 0 2/15

(NOTE: "Passes" in this table are targets, not completions)

Hmm, so Thielen's got some impressive aggregate stats ... in part because he's being targeted so frequently, which is why his rate stat is also impressive.

Treadwell and Diggs ... not so much. Between the two of them, they have nearly the same number of targets as the three Washington receivers (33 vs. 37 for DC), but they're just this side of 50:50 receivers.

And then there's Docston. Woof.

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

How is that dirty? Lawrence is the better overall player, and will be there for a few more years. While Bryant is a situational player in his final year.

Should Bama be starting Jalen over Tua since in the same situation?

What did Bryant do to lose the job? All he’s done is play great and win. There was no reason whatsoever to bench him. All it does is speak to the dirtiness of college football and how poorly these kids are treated by their outrageously overpaid coaches. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

What did Bryant do to lose the job? All he’s done is play great and win. There was no reason whatsoever to bench him. All it does is speak to the dirtiness of college football and how poorly these kids are treated by their outrageously overpaid coaches. 

He didnt lose the job. Hes just being put into a rotation.

But how bout the Skins start Colt McCoy the rest of the season. Because hes less talented, but been there longer?

He should be benched. In a couple years, Lawrence is going to be a top NFL prospect. While Bryant is selling Audis for a Clemson Alum.  And you think its dirty because the better talent is starting.

Just now, MikeT14 said:

As a senior, I get where he's coming from. I obviously don't have all the details, but Dabo and the fans can't hate on him for wanting to play.

If they're upset, that's them overreacting. If the freshman is that good, then having Bryant leave means more reps for the kid.

22 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

He didnt lose the job. Hes just being put into a rotation.

But how bout the Skins start Colt McCoy the rest of the season. Because hes less talented, but been there longer?

He should be benched. In a couple years, Lawrence is going to be a top NFL prospect. While Bryant is selling Audis for a Clemson Alum.  And you think its dirty because the better talent is starting.

Has Colt McCoy led the Redskins to a Super Bowl? 

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Has Colt McCoy led the Redskins to a Super Bowl? 

Youre the one that thinks a future Audi salesman should start over a future top 10 draft pick.

Seems the only reason you have is that hes been there longer. So why wouldnt I think youd prefer Colt to start?

Shouldnt teams start their best players?

23 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Youre the one that thinks a future Audi salesman should start over a future top 10 draft pick.

Seems the only reason you have is that hes been there longer. So why wouldnt I think youd prefer Colt to start?

Shouldnt teams start their best players?

It has nothing to do with him being there longer as I’ve explained my position. Bryant literally has done nothing to lose his job. He’s played very well. Who cares if he’s a future Audi salesman? He’s still a damn good college player.