Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

The Hamilton trade devastated me. I also remember how badly I wanted them to draft Khalid El-Amin lol. I used to think Jahidi White was the second coming and always used Calbert Chaney on NBA shootout I believe it was. My childhood basically revolved around rooting for losers. 

The only real championship I can remember that one of my favorite teams won was the Terps and I don't even watch college basketball anymore. I was a Terps basketball fan and Va Tech football fan. I remember how great it was when we smoked Danny Miller after he transferred to Notre Dame. Oh well lol

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The Hamilton trade devastated me. I also remember how badly I wanted them to draft Khalid El-Amin lol. I used to think Jahidi White was the second coming and always used Calbert Chaney on NBA shootout I believe it was. My childhood basically revolved around rooting for losers. 

The only real championship I can remember that one of my favorite teams won was the Terps and I don't even watch college basketball anymore. I was a Terps basketball fan and Va Tech football fan. I remember how great it was when we smoked Danny Miller after he transferred to Notre Dame. Oh well lol

I was graduating from Towson the year the Terps won the national championship! It was a great year!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I've been watching the Wizards since I was a kid and they were the bullets. I always felt like I was the only kid around that even liked the team. I remember my mom taking me to a game at the US Air arena I believe it was and getting to see CWebb. I also remember how bad we were when Courtney Alexander embarrassingly clanked a break away dunk off the rim. There was always like 5 people at the game and most were opposing fans and now everyone is like "that's my point guard" and yadda yadda yadda. Just pretty funny to see fans come out of the woodwork lol

That's because we could smell the stench of futility coming off the Bullets/Wizards. I still think you guys are nuts for putting any faith in a team that is capped out at the 2nd round of the playoffs.

21 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The same exact thing happened with the Nats. This area has like the least loyal fans on the planet unless it's concerning the Redskins.

Difference there was that there was no baseball team to root for. No, the Orioles (*spits*) don't count. While the Nationals have not gone anywhere in the playoffs, they don't have three decades of disasters to point to.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

That's because we could smell the stench of futility coming off the Bullets/Wizards. I still think you guys are nuts for putting any faith in a team that is capped out at the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Difference there was that there was no baseball team to root for. No, the Orioles (*spits*) don't count. While the Nationals have not gone anywhere in the playoffs, they don't have three decades of disasters to point to.

I think it has more to do with so many transplants in the DMV. Not to mention the absurd amount of steelers and cowboys fans in the area.

As far as the Wizards go Woz, the NBA is in a weird place. There's two teams that have a realistic chance at winning the title and they'll most likely play for it again. So as a fan, I just accept that fact and enjoy having a nice nucleus of young players and hope we manage to find a true star center in the draft. It sucks that the GM is so bad because we could've had something else with the money spent on Mahinmi, Nicholson and Smith. 

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

As far as the Wizards go Woz, the NBA is in a weird place. There's two teams that have a realistic chance at winning the title and they'll most likely play for it again. So as a fan, I just accept that fact and enjoy having a nice nucleus of young players and hope we manage to find a true star center in the draft. It sucks that the GM is so bad because we could've had something else with the money spent on Mahinmi, Nicholson and Smith. 

After Wes Unseld left as a player, the Bullets/Wizards weren't even an afterthought in the NBA until John Wall showed up.

Now, they're a 2nd round playoff exit team. From where they were before Wall, that's incredible, but that's also all they will be with him here. They don't have the resources to go up and get a top draft pick to get that star center, they don't have the cap space now to trade for one, and they aren't a priority destination for free agents (plus the cap space again).

In short, you're seeing them playing at their peak.

Well, I suppose they could have a "wheels come of the bus" sort of season if both Wall and Beal get hurt for the entire season which would catapult them into the lottery, potentially with a high pick. But that is predicated on a lost season, and that won't help them with the trade/free agent market.

10 hours ago, Woz said:

After Wes Unseld left as a player, the Bullets/Wizards weren't even an afterthought in the NBA until John Wall showed up.

Now, they're a 2nd round playoff exit team. From where they were before Wall, that's incredible, but that's also all they will be with him here. They don't have the resources to go up and get a top draft pick to get that star center, they don't have the cap space now to trade for one, and they aren't a priority destination for free agents (plus the cap space again).

Well, I suppose they could have a "wheels come of the bus" sort of season if both Wall and Beal get hurt for the entire season which would catapult them into the lottery, potentially with a high pick. But that is predicated on a lost season, and that won't help them with the trade/free agent market.

Is there a reason you hate the wizards so much other than you don't like to see others excited when they play well?

Are you a fan of another team?

Or do you just want to make wizards fans  miserable?

Ive never understood why you are so against them.

11 hours ago, Woz said:

To be fair Woz, they were about 5 minutes from playing in the ECF. They also played the Cavs quite well during the regular season. I don't think they're as stuck in the second round as you do but that's okay. Wall, Beal and Porter is a heck of a trio and you're talking about potentially having the best PG in the East and getting pretty close to the best PG overall(I don't consider Westbrook a true point). 

Either way, if Oubre continues to develop and they can somehow lure Cousins(impossible I know) to the team then you have a realistic chance at challenging the Cavs. Boston to me dumped three of their best players and I don't consider Kyrie to be any better than Isiah Thomas. I do think the Wiz can make the ECF this year but we'll see. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

So Max Scherzer leaves the game injured right before the playoffs. This team is snake bitten

He shouldn't have been pitching anyway. Dusty ran him into the ground right before the playoffs. If he's seriously injured there's no way the Lerners give Dusty an extension.