Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

28 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Pretty good read if you want to read the whole article.  This is why I thought going on that major shopping spree last year in free agency was so stupid for them.  You can't buy a defense in one offseason.  

It's why I say you can have one big free agent "purchase" a year.

5 hours ago, Woz said:

It's why I say you can have one big free agent "purchase" a year.

It never works for anyone. Hasn't worked for the Dolphins who are pretty much the early Snyder era redskins all over again. You get one nice piece like we did with Norman and then you get some depth. The Giants tried to buy a defense and it's going to kill them. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

It never works for anyone. Hasn't worked for the Dolphins who are pretty much the early Snyder era redskins all over again. You get one nice piece like we did with Norman and then you get some depth. The Giants tried to buy a defense and it's going to kill them. 

It seemed to work for the Giants last year. The problem for them was they haven't invested in the offensive line. Well, at least not effectively.

21 minutes ago, Woz said:

It seemed to work for the Giants last year. The problem for them was they haven't invested in the offensive line. Well, at least not effectively.

What I'm saying is they can't afford to invest in other parts of the team now lol

Just now, MKnight82 said:

That expensive defense has looked like crap too.

The Giants defense has through four games averaged being on the field 32:35. That's fifth worst. Only the LA Chargers (34:20), San Francisco 49ers (34:19), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (32:56) and Cleveland Browns (32:41) have worse numbers there.

Four of those five teams are searching for their first win. The Bucs are a bit of an outlier because they've played one less game and allowed Minnesota to control the ball for over 37 minutes (their one loss).

Ok, after going to the latest doctor visit with my wife yesterday, I can finally let the cat out of the bag. There must be some baby mojo in this forum because there will soon be another addition to my family. My wife and I are expecting our 2nd child in April. She's a little over 10 weeks along now and the baby is going great according to the doctor. Which is good since my wife is 41 and I'm 48. 

Yep, I'll be almost 49 when the young 'un arrives. Which is kinda impressive (if I do say so myself) but also scary...(I'm already TIRED!). But at least the kids will have someone when my wife and I are gone. 

So if I'm a little out of sorts (or absent for a bit) in April, you know why.

P.S. - Oh and @BuckleyBoy, don't say anything to Charlie. I'm gonna tell him myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I hate being a Nats fan. 

It’s so freaking hard to be a DC sports fan, period. The only player who consistently shows heart game in/game out is John Wall. Other players in the other sports need to step up their game.

Watching the Nats continuously take pitches made me want to break my remote!

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s so freaking hard to be a DC sports fan, period. The only player who consistently shows heart game in/game out is John Wall. Other players in the other sports need to step up their game.

Watching the Nats continuously take pitches made me want to break my remote!

Werth needs to be on the bench and Robles needs to be out there. I'd even consider Difo for Turner at this point. Difo certainly earned it.