Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

https://wtop.com/other-sports/2022/05/maryland-mens-lacrosse-one-win-from-undefeated-championship-season/

Maryland men’s lacrosse one win from undefeated championship season

“The top-seeded Terps defeated No. 5 Princeton 13-8 in the semifinals Saturday to move within one win of completing an undefeated championship season. Maryland improved to 17-0 with the win, advancing to play No. 7 Cornell in the national championship on Monday.

Maryland, featuring 12 All-Americans, is seeking to become the first men’s lacrosse team to complete an undefeated championship season since Virginia went 17-0 in 2006. Since the NCAA Tournament began in 1971, 13 teams have capped an undefeated season with a championship, with the first team to do so being Maryland in 1973. It has happened just three times over the last 30 years (Princeton in 1997, Johns Hopkins in 2005, Virginia in 2006).”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I know I’ve been vocal about Alex Smith and this franchise because of all the bad things we’ve done I felt like we treated him great for his rehab keeping him around and just everything. That said his daughter had a brain surgery prayers to her and her Alex and that family. They are a resilient family so hopefully quick healing and just prayers for full recovery for her. https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/alex_smith_reveals_update_on_daughter_after_emergency_brain_surgery/s1_16457_37624673

50 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

So I know I’ve been vocal about Alex Smith and this franchise because of all the bad things we’ve done I felt like we treated him great for his rehab keeping him around and just everything. That said his daughter had a brain surgery prayers to her and her Alex and that family. They are a resilient family so hopefully quick healing and just prayers for full recovery for her. https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/alex_smith_reveals_update_on_daughter_after_emergency_brain_surgery/s1_16457_37624673

Aww man. Hopefully everything goes well.

Well guys, probably step away for a bit as I lost my father on Friday. This has been a rough 11 months for me between my brother and now my dad. This group is my favorite crew to talk football/sports with so I’ll be back. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Well guys, probably step away for a bit as I lost my father on Friday. This has been a rough 11 months for me between my brother and now my dad. This group is my favorite crew to talk football/sports with so I’ll be back. 

Sincere condolences my friend. Very sorry to hear that news.

• Like 1