Did the Eagles have the easiest path to a super bowl of all time?

Greene N White

10 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Why does everyone act like this Dallas team was an elite team? It wasn't...

I mean, it was up there on both sides of the ball when looking at how they were with Dak behind center. The team probably was as valid as any other team in that conference, really. Certainly at the very least would have been an actual legitimate matchup more so than the Giants or a severely handicapped 49ers team that pretty much lost by default.

Think it stands that a matchup could have gone either way. Last time Dallas went against that ‘elite’ defense they carved through pretty easily.

Edited by NoFlyZone
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Think it stands that a matchup could have gone either way. Last time Dallas went against that ‘elite’ defense they carved through pretty easily.

That was also our 3rd straight road game in a row which is insane, especially going into an important divisional game late in the season, but hey the NFL loves giving Dallas schedule advantages.

Eagles were also missing Gardner-Johnson that game and Maddox went down with the toe injury at the very beginning of the 2nd quarter when he sacked Dak on the trick play. Cowboys only had 7 points at that point. Dak just picked on the MOF after that and not having the 2 best cover guys in the middle of our defense kinda made us pretty susceptible. Josiah Scott and Reed Blankenship got cooked by Dak over the middle that day. I still remember Maddox gingerly walking off the field back to the locker room as the Eagles have a coverage bust for a TD to Lamb literally 2 seconds later. With that said, Cowboys OL to their credit did a really impressive job of giving Dak time against our pass rush (which was healthy) and Dak can do damage when he has time to go through reads.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That was also our 3rd straight road game in a row which is insane, especially going into an important divisional game late in the season, but hey the NFL loves giving Dallas schedule advantages.

Eagles were also missing Gardner-Johnson that game and Maddox went down with the toe injury at the very beginning of the 2nd quarter when he sacked Dak on the trick play. Cowboys only had 7 points at that point. Dak just picked on the MOF after that and not having the 2 best cover guys in the middle of our defense kinda made us pretty susceptible. Josiah Scott and Reed Blankenship got cooked by Dak over the middle that day. I still remember Maddox gingerly walking off the field back to the locker room as the Eagles have a coverage bust for a TD to Lamb literally 2 seconds later. With that said, Cowboys OL to their credit did a really impressive job of giving Dak time against our pass rush (which was healthy) and Dak can do damage when he has time to go through reads.

Josiah Scott was picked on that game.  He missed his assignment on that 3rd and 30 play.  Once Maddox went out, the momentum shifted towards Dallas.  But also, after watching Minshew play QB, teams didn't have to worry about the RPO because Minshew isn't a threat on the ground.  It totally changes everything the Eagles do.  Those two games with Minshew should be totally disregarded.  It's like evaluating the Chiefs without Mahomes.    

Also, the third straight road game can't be understated.  It's extremely tough for teams to win on the road, but to win three straight on the road in three straight games is really, really hard.

Edited by Snotbubbles

On 2/7/2023 at 2:18 PM, Greene N White said:

I've been following the NFL for about 20 years now and honestly off the top of my head can not remember a team that had an easier path to the super bowl than Philly. 

I'll start off by saying that I believe that all of the NFC East teams had inflated records because they played by far the worst division in the AFC (The south) As well as the NFC North which was nothing special. I think the NFC as a whole this year was weaker than the AFC but I'll get to that later.

Let's look at the playoff teams that Philly beat this year in the regular season:

Minnesota and Kirk Cousins on prime time

Jacksonville early in the season

The Cooper Rush Cowboys

The Giants Twice 

These were also all at home except the second giants win.

I get that they beat the teams that were put in front of them and I give them credit for that. But are any of these wins really that impressive? Having this easy of a schedule allowed them to secure the one seed.

Then we get to the postseason and they play against the Giants, who not only were lucky to be in the postseason, but drew a great first round matchup in Minnesota.

Then they played San Fran who was on QB3 for the year who gets hurt on the first possession.

I'm not trying to take credit away from the Eagles once again. They beat the teams that were placed in front of them. I'm just wondering if anyone can recall any team who had a cake walk like this to a super bowl because I honestly can't.

The nfc won last year.

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Dallas and Dak specifically do what they always do which is nothing come playoffs.  The only diffrence this year from the last 6, Dak was given an opportunity to play a pathetic 8-9 Bucs team in the WC.

You’re not necessarily wrong but how’re you going to say this after defending the Eagles’ postseason opponents (thus far) the last two weeks? When the Eagles get a game vs NYG and 3+ quarters of 4th string QB play, that’s “pushing an agenda” on Philly, but if someone were to bring up Dallas’ win then that’s invalid because it’s against “the pathetic Bucs team”?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snotbubbles said:

Josiah Scott was picked on that game.  He missed his assignment on that 3rd and 30 play.  Once Maddox went out, the momentum shifted towards Dallas.  But also, after watching Minshew play QB, teams didn't have to worry about the RPO because Minshew isn't a threat on the ground.  It totally changes everything the Eagles do.  Those two games with Minshew should be totally disregarded.  It's like evaluating the Chiefs without Mahomes.    

Another one…

The last two weeks, anything remotely factual brought up about SF missing Purdy and that’s either because Philly was so good that they injured players, they played who was in front of them, it wasn’t their fault, it wouldn’t have changed anything, etc.

But if someone brings up a game where Minshew was in, that game should be disregarded. Rich.

Edited by Yin-Yang

19 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

There's no way they let CJGJ walk in FA. He's gotta be their top priority. I also think Bradberry takes a team friendly deal since they believed in him. Grave Digger and BG are gone though. I do think the plan is to let Dean become a starter but I don't believe in him.

I have to believe that Bradberry is going after that bag.

CGJ, TJ Edwards, and Hargrave are the only 3 really in play IMO.

7 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

When the Eagles get a game vs NYG and 3+ quarters of 4th string QB play, that’s “pushing an agenda” on Philly, but if someone were to bring up Dallas’ win then that’s invalid because it’s against “the pathetic Bucs team”?

I posted why. Cowboys had thier chance after beating TB ,could only scored 12pts and thier QB sucked yet again throwing 2 INTs costing Dallas the game. 

Eagles beat the Giants, put up 31pts vs that same defense a week later.  21pts before 1/2. So it wasn't because in the 2nd 1/2 they were without a viable QB! Only 10 of the pts came when the Eagles went smashmouth to kill clock.

49ers defense had opportunities to stop the Eagles offense and didn't.  Whether by play or dumb *** penalties extending drives. Either way, they didn't. 

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I posted why. Cowboys had thier chance after beating TB ,could only scored 12pts and thier QB sucked yet again throwing 2 INTs costing Dallas the game. 

Eagles beat the Giants, put up 31pts vs that same defense a week later.  21pts before 1/2. So it wasn't because in the 2nd 1/2 they were without a viable QB! Only 10 of the pts came when the Eagles went smashmouth to kill clock.

49ers defense had opportunities to stop the Eagles offense and didn't.  Whether by play or dumb *** penalties extending drives. Either way, they didn't. 

Either laugh at the opponents or don’t. Getting on Dallas for losing to SF is fair, but you can’t say “lol pathetic Bucs” and then come out and defend NYG/almost literally a run only 49ers team, lol. Well, I mean, you can, you’ll just come off as a huge hypocrite that applies logic when it suits you and won’t apply it when it doesn’t.

And again, no, SF was without a viable QB in the first quarter, lol. You keep trying to make Josh Johnson come off as a “viable QB”. He isn’t, lol. If he were the starting QB for the Eagles next year, would you call their QB situation “viable”?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Either laugh at the opponents or don’t. Getting on Dallas for losing to SF is fair, but you can’t say “lol pathetic Bucs” and then come out and defend NYG/almost literally a run only 49ers team, lol. Well, I mean, you can, you’ll just come off as a huge hypocrite that applies logic when it suits you and won’t apply it when it doesn’t.

You're coming in late to long, drawn out, non stop excuse making of postings by NFZ daily in our forum. That post was directed towards him and his types of posts week after week since thier first loss vs Cooper Rush.

Coming in late, no context I can see why you took it that way. As for

29 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

And again, no, SF was without a viable QB in the first quarter, lol. You keep trying to make Josh Johnson come off as a “viable QB”. He isn’t, lol. If he were the starting QB for the Eagles next year, would you call their QB situation “viable”?

If he was Shanahan's choice of being the back up QB 1 snap away from playing in a NFCCG, he is a viable QB. Whether he sucks in reality or not. Whether he took any reps in practice or not. That was Kyle's decision.

Now him being concused 1st drive in the 3rd QT, leaving SF without an actual QB who could throw further then 10 yds the rest of the game, you are correct.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

You're coming in late to long, drawn out, non stop excuse making of postings by NFZ daily in our forum. That post was directed towards him and his types of posts week after week since thier first loss vs Cooper Rush.

Coming in late, no context I can see why you took it that way. 

Shrug, I’ll take your word for it.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

If he was Shanahan's choice of being the back up QB 1 snap away from playing in a NFCCG, he is a viable QB. Whether he sucks in reality or not. Whether he took any reps in practice or not. That was Kyle's decision.

Bruh. The 36 year old brought in in December, with 9 career starts (over half of which were over 10 years ago lol), 1 career win, more picks than TDs (16 vs 13) - this guy is the “viable QB”? Come on now. You’re not going to get on Shanahan for not having a good 4th string QB, lol. 

I’d say the exact same thing if the Eagles, Chiefs, or anyone else lose their starting QB in the first quarter of a game. Let alone their third stringer.

37 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

If he were the starting QB for the Eagles next year, would you call their QB situation “viable”?