Did the Eagles have the easiest path to a super bowl of all time?

Greene N White

16 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why are people referring to SB runs, as anything that doesn't specifically refer to thier "playoff " run?  Stop talking about the regular season because for 17 games, it really doesn't help your agenda, against the Eagles!!!!!

Now, specifically talking about the playoffs. I find it comical that the team most pundits thought were SB contenders  (Vikings) who got thier *** kicked by the Giants but because the Giants turned around and got Monkey stomped by the Eagles, they suck, don't neither win counts!!! 👌

The Eagles played against the #1 Ranked Defense,  put up 31 MF pts, but because both QB's get hurt, it's ignored? Why? Because SF gave up? They were unmotivated knowing a *** whopping was coming? GTFOH!

I'm sure an excuse is coming for the Chiefs game in this SB if indeed they somehow choke vs the Eagles. This way this stupid narrative can continue.  👍

Anyone who thought the Vikings were super bowl contenders is out of their mind. The general consensus was that they were complete frauds. They were probably the only team in the NFC playoffs that the giants stood a chance against. Tampa most likely would’ve even handled the giants at home.

• Like 3

On 2/7/2023 at 4:18 PM, iknowcool said:

I'd say the 2009 Colts had an easier run.  The only playoff teams they beat in the regular season were the Ravens, Cardinals (tbf they made the Super Bowl the previous year but they weren't some high-level team) and Patriots (4th and 2).  They played 1st year Mark Sanchez and 2nd year Joe Flacco in the playoffs.  They avoided the Patriots in the postseason as well as the 13-3 Chargers (poor Nate Kaeding), who had knocked them out in 2007 and 2008 and in general seemed to have Peyton's number back in those days.  

Ravens from 2008-2012 were very tough, though. 3 HOF defenders. In 2009 they were 4th in DVOA although only went 9-7. Flacco started his career 10-4 in the playoffs. 2009 Ravens were good enough to house the Pats 33-14 in Foxboro. 

I don't know about all time but the Eagles did have the softest win/loss schedule in 2022.  They also have the highest aggregate rankings--best players--in the league, and by quite a bit.  Nick Sirianni is being listed among the top 10 Head Coaches on listicles, the team had, by one metric, the 11th fewest injuries, and Howie Roseman could be the best GM in the industry.

For what it's worth, next year will be a very different story for the NFC-East, with all four teams facing top eight strengths of schedule, Philly #1.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

I don't know about all time but the Eagles did have the softest win/loss schedule in 2022.  They also have the highest aggregate rankings--best players--in the league, and by quite a bit.  Nick Sirianni is being listed among the top 10 Head Coaches on listicles, the team had, by one metric, the 11th fewest injuries, and Howie Roseman could be the best GM in the industry.

For what it's worth, next year will be a very different story for the NFC-East, with all four teams facing top eight strengths of schedule, Philly #1.

I very much expect the Eagles to take a step back next year, especially given how much turnover I expect there to be on the defensive side of the ball in terms of who's there and there likely being a youth movement with the way Free Agency looks to be shaking out for us. 

I think 10-7 for the Eagles next year is a very fair expectation record wise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I very much expect the Eagles to take a step back next year, especially given how much turnover I expect there to be on the defensive side of the ball in terms of who's there and there likely being a youth movement with the way Free Agency looks to be shaking out for us. 

Almost no chance the defense looks as good next year, but the O should be fine- if not even better, assuming Hurts can still take one more step forward as a passer.

On 2/10/2023 at 4:50 PM, Danger said:

They'll let Bradberry walk, he priced himself into a huge contract.  They'll probably let Hargrave walk too.  He's 30 and this is the age that interior DLine players start to fall off.  BG is talking like he knows he's gone, will get more money elsewhere.  Gardner-Johnson is the only player I don't have a feel for what they'll do.  Blankenship played well enough when CJGJ was out so they may already have his replacement at S, but he's versatile so he could play S and CB.  Epps is easily replaceable.  Not sure if Nakobe Dean can replace Edwards but I assume that's the direction the Eagles are going.  They'll get Barnett back next season.

I think they go CB & Edge rusher with their two firsts (if they don't trade one).  They spent a lot of high draft picks on offense since they won the Superbowl in 2017.  I think they'll start drafting defense high for the next couple of drafts.    

I think they'll win 12 games.  The offense will still be deadly.  

10 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

They'll let Bradberry walk, he priced himself into a huge contract.  They'll probably let Hargrave walk too.  He's 30 and this is the age that interior DLine players start to fall off.  BG is talking like he knows he's gone, will get more money elsewhere.  Gardner-Johnson is the only player I don't have a feel for what they'll do.  Blankenship played well enough when CJGJ was out so they may already have his replacement at S, but he's versatile so he could play S and CB.  Epps is easily replaceable.  Not sure if Nakobe Dean can replace Edwards but I assume that's the direction the Eagles are going.  They'll get Barnett back next season.

I think they go CB & Edge rusher with their two firsts (if they don't trade one).  They spent a lot of high draft picks on offense since they won the Superbowl in 2017.  I think they'll start drafting defense high for the next couple of drafts.    

Blankenship should replace Epps
TJ Edwards and Dean don't feel like interchangeable pieces.

Dean is more of a WILL and I don't think they'll resign Kyzir White, Dean will probably play there.

43 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

There's no way they let CJGJ walk in FA. He's gotta be their top priority. I also think Bradberry takes a team friendly deal since they believed in him. Grave Digger and BG are gone though. I do think the plan is to let Dean become a starter but I don't believe in him.

9 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

If the Vikings didn’t choke against the Giants this could have been a very different situation. Dallas would have been a tough draw for Philly — maybe could have gone either way.

Why does everyone act like this Dallas team was an elite team? It wasn't...