The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Jalen Mills just got released. If Bill can't make you a good secondary player no one on earth can. 

Bill should have kept him at S. He was a better safety than CB. And in his first and only year playing the position here in Philly, he was easily arguable better than Epps last season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Ok hear me out:

CB: Slay

CB: Bradberry

Slot: Devon Witherspoon

FS: Maddox 

profit 

Talented yes, but... I don't like the multiple parts that feel out of place. I don't think it's a terrible idea, but not what I'd go for.

I'm starting to wonder if CJ tried to market himself as a hybrid and put himself in no man's land. He wants a cb salary, but the league would rather pay him a safety salary so there's like a 5 mill gap between. This may end up being a one year deal for like 8 mill for him to get paid next year at this pace

6 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I'm starting to wonder if CJ tried to market himself as a hybrid and put himself in no man's land. He wants a cb salary, but the league would rather pay him a safety salary so there's like a 5 mill gap between. This may end up being a one year deal for like 8 mill for him to get paid next year at this pace

More likely imo he tried to market himself as a safety only and is using elite contracts as a comp while teams see him as a hybrid and don't want to pay him what he wants. He wouldn't want to be seen as a CB as he has pretty much exclusively been a Nickle CB which obviously gets less money than outside guys.

He probably wanted money  around the Marcus Williams contract at ~14 mil per year for 3-4 years. No one is giving that to him and he isn't willing to back down. So here we are.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

27 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

More likely imo he tried to market himself as a safety only and is using elite contracts as a comp while teams see him as a hybrid and don't want to pay him what he wants. He wouldn't want to be seen as a CB as he has pretty much exclusively been a Nickle CB which obviously gets less money than outside guys.

He probably wanted money  around the Marcus Williams contract at ~14 mil per year for 3-4 years. No one is giving that to him and he isn't willing to back down. So here we are.

Sounds about right. thinking 1 year 8 million could get him for a rental 

I think he probably has a long term contract offer out there but it isnt the kind of money he was looking for so he has to choose if he wants to take that or come back to the Eagles on a 1 year deal for a little less so he can get the long term contract hes looking for.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

I think he probably has a long term contract offer out there but it isnt the kind of money he was looking for so he has to choose if he wants to take that or come back to the Eagles on a 1 year deal for a little less so he can get the long term contract hes looking for.

Hope he comes back and we franchise him if he tries to walk again lol unless he'll sign a long term here

Random thought but if the Titans are willing to eat a good chunk of Henry's salary for a 3rd round pick (considering Ramsey went for a 3rd) and I think thats good compensation for a 29 year old RB.....I think we could keep Henry and Penny healthy if they are only getting 6-7 carries a game while Gainwell gets more carries as well. What do yall think?