The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

7 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

It's 2023 and people still believe in the cap? Howie is going to move money around, Hurts cap hit will be $15M at worst. Slay and Lane will restructure. Will we hurt a bit and need our young guys (including 2023 class) to step up if we want to match 2022 success? Probably, but we're hardly being gutted.

That's what I keep saying here and to my friends.

Them -"The cap the cap OMG the cap" were gonna lose everyone" maybe we can bring back 2 guys!" 

10 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

That's where I'm at. He can fix cap for a season and sign people but drafts like *** overall

Yep.  And this offseason might seem eerily like the 2018 offseason.  Throwing bad money at old players trying to hold onto past glory coupled with underachieving high picks.  Davis really needs to elevate his game this coming season.  

13 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Howie had a good 2021 draft and Id like to say he took good players in 2022 but even including Jordan Davis they hardly played. 

I have full confidence that Nakobe Dean will be a very good starter next year. He should have ended up playing over Kyzir down the stretch.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

He has been here long enough to know that his good drafts are an anomaly and 2018/2019 are more the norm. 

Theres like a sliver of hope that MAYBE juuusssttt maybe, considering the past 2 drafts, howie has turned a corner on draft nights.

And now that I say this we take another Center in the 2 round.

21 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

He has been here long enough to know that his good drafts are an anomaly and 2018/2019 are more the norm. 

2018? The year we drafted Goedert, Maddox, Sweat, and Mailata all in one draft without having a first round pick? Ya... Howie stinks and regularly blows the draft.

Reality is 2019/2020 were outliers and Howie has generally been decent to pretty damn solid in the draft.

Edit: also the 2020 draft got us Jalen Hurts so...... Ya the class as a whole disappointed but franchise QB was found so it is pretty damn good as well.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

2018? The year we drafted Goedert, Maddox, Sweat, and Mailata all in one draft without having a first round pick? Ya... Howie stinks and regularly blows the draft.

Reality is 2019/2020 were outliers and Howie has generally been decent to pretty damn solid in the draft.

2017 was a complete bust.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

2017 was a complete bust.

Meh. It definitely wasn't good, but it wasn't a complete bust. Barnett was a disappointing pick at the time but is a decent player. Obviously not what you want in a first rounder but hardly a complete miss. Jones and Douglas both went on to play decently elsewhere cause Gym Shorts had the worst scheme for DB's in the league. Hollins is still a productive player. Not great but fine. The Pumphrey pick was awful from day one and is completely indefensible though.

Most of the players we picked in that draft have at least stuck around the league as role players. Far from a good draft, but not as bad as 2019 which was Sanders and 4 bad picks.