The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

2 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

Im thinking more and more we're going to have to bite the bullet and just hope Nakobe Dean and Milton Williams/Jordan Davis can fill in nicely. If we can resign CGJ and then draft Porter Jr and Brian Branch to replace Bradberry and Epps, then we got a very young and talented Defense from the front 7 to the secondary. Throughout the year I have been saying we should double dip on Dline but now im starting to think double dipping on the Secondary in the draft.

Double dipping in something other than trenches? 

vince mcmahon wrestling GIF by WWE

We desperatly need a CB that can play press. We haven't had one since Sheldon Brown.

6 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Double dipping in something other than trenches? 

vince mcmahon wrestling GIF by WWE

We desperatly need a CB that can play press. We haven't had one since Sheldon Brown.

That and just an overall more physical secondary that can help the run defense and better at tackling the short yardage throws to TEs and RBs. I like Epps and I think he is more than serviceable, but I also feel like hes reached his ceiling. I think we could get an upgrade at his position instead of paying him starter S money.

16 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I read Howie could open up 33M by restructuring a few guys. So looks like we could make some room for FAs if needed. 

Thus robbing from future years, when a potential Jalen Hurts extension has kicked in.  

Right now the Eagles have 45 million in cap space in 2024, with 34 players under contract, how much of that do you want to take ??

2025, Eagles have 129 million committed to the 13 players under contract.  That leaves 152 million for the other 40 players on the roster, and that will be the first year of Hurts big money kicking in.

Time to somewhat bite the bullet and stop robbing from the future.

40 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Thus robbing from future years, when a potential Jalen Hurts extension has kicked in.  

Right now the Eagles have 45 million in cap space in 2024, with 34 players under contract, how much of that do you want to take ??

2025, Eagles have 129 million committed to the 13 players under contract.  That leaves 152 million for the other 40 players on the roster, and that will be the first year of Hurts big money kicking in.

But Howie has done this for years, we are living in that future and doing fine.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I read Howie could open up 33M by restructuring a few guys. So looks like we could make some room for FAs if needed. 

Howie also said that we will have comp picks next year. So i doubt he goes crazy. Budget shopping and keeping a couple of our guys.

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

Meh. If Howie has proved anything its that there’s always ways around it. Obviously don’t spend just to spend but if there’s moves to be made, he looks like he has plenty of maneuverability. 

Im not sitting by wasting some players primes and “biting the bullet”. I’m here to win. If Howie pushes in, I’m here for it. I’m fully confident he doesn’t do business that way. He always has an eye on the future and is always making moves with future years incorporated. But not worried in the slightest if he plans on adding a name or two this year. Trading one of those 1sts for a defensive stud would be something I’d look into. 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Howie also said that we will have comp picks next year. So i doubt he goes crazy. Budget shopping and keeping a couple of our guys.

Cool with that too but who knows what’s happening behind closed doors. Might be a few guys looking for contracts their current teams aren’t willing to give them. Grab another AJ Brown type with one of our 1sts. If there’s moves to be made, I’m confident Howie is in on them.