The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

5 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Every year we analyze the schedule and almost every year we’re wrong.  Schedule doesn’t matter in February.  If the Eagles can fill the holes on defense and stay healthy, they win 11-12 games next year.   

That is what I am worried about, especially with reports of using the franchise tag on CJGJ are true.  If he decides to play on the tag, that is north of 18 million.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That is what I am worried about, especially with reports of using the franchise tag on CJGJ are true.  If he decides to play on the tag, that is north of 18 million.

He'd get that annually on the open market without a doubt I feel like.

11 hours ago, Wentz you dog you said:

I like CGJ waaaayyy more than JB and personally I would like to see us move on from JB with his expected price tag

I agree with liking CGJ way more.

How would you fix the JB hole? Highly doubt Howie uses a first on CB even though that's what I want this year. Free agents are fairly decent but a few are old

2 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I agree with liking CGJ way more.

How would you fix the JB hole? Highly doubt Howie uses a first on CB even though that's what I want this year. Free agents are fairly decent but a few are old

The preferred choice would be to draft a CB at 10 and plug them right in. 

Given the scenario of Howie not drafting one in the first round I'd lean towards signing Patrick Peterson on a one year deal and snag someone like Ricks, Williams or Kelly in the second and hope they develop. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Given the scenario of Howie not drafting one in the first round I'd lean towards signing Patrick Peterson on a one year deal and snag someone like Ricks, Williams or Kelly in the second and hope they develop. 

That makes way too much sense. But I hope that falling a'ss-backwards into a good starters in the secondary like last year has opened Howie's snake eyes into understanding that you can have the best D-Line in the game and if you have a crap back seven you won't have a good defense and your pass rush won't get home.  

Edited by Broadway Joe

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami in round 2 please.

4 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I was thinking Patrick Peterson too but thought Id get roasted on here for suggesting it lol would love to see him in green even if it's only one year

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

We can only dream. Wish we had a bunch of extra money. He'd thrive here

Until he proved last year was an outlier and ended gimp and missing numerous games do to injury like the previous 3 years. No thanks.

40 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Until he proved last year was an outlier and ended gimp and missing numerous games do to injury like the previous 3 years. No thanks.

We have our own playmaker that has missed time to injury in the previous seasons that has to prove last year wasn't an outlier to extend. 

23 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Howie drafting a cb round 1, and hoping he gets it right, scares me. He over-drafted Jordan Davis by about 20 picks, and DT is way easier to scout than CB. We'll probably end up with Eli Ricks instead of Spoon/Gonz/Porter/Forbes.

So is Davis your new whooping boy because he didn't make All Pro year 1? Other then getting injured, Jordan Davis is a beast and was well worth pick # 13, not the 2nd rd'r you just suggested.