The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

This smoke is stinging my eyes. No chance we trade up for anyone besides Carter, imo. Any other rumor, pure smoke. Howie wants that Jordan Davis Jalen Carter combo.

Yeah if the Johnson stuff is getting out there it’s because they want a team to move above the bears for him.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I don't buy us trading up for a dude who's gonna sit for at least his rookie year.

Just like Skoronski he would have to play RG (barring an injury) if we drafted him, especially if we traded up, but I don’t buy it either.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

My only apprehension about Howie in this draft besides the obvious is the fact that he knows how rare it is for them to be picking top 10, no matter how he got there. And currently constructed, we might not see top ten for a while barring catastrophe. This pick needs to stick and stick a while. I can easily see this being a OL that is on the team well into the 2030s ala Lane. Would be uber disappointed but I could see the logic. Lanes been flirting with his retirement and he’s not the most sound person mentally. A guy struggling with his issues could easily hang it up prematurely. You don’t want to be caught with you pants down at the T position. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

My only apprehension about Howie in this draft besides the obvious is the fact that he knows how rare it is for them to be picking top 10, no matter how he got there. And currently constructed, we might not see top ten for a while barring catastrophe. This pick needs to stick and stick a while. I can easily see this being a OL that is on the team well into the 2030s ala Lane. Would be uber disappointed but I could see the logic. Lanes been flirting with his retirement and he’s not the most sound person mentally. A guy struggling with his issues could easily hang it up prematurely. You don’t want to be caught with you pants down at the T position. 

It makes sense. But, I think there are other good tackles this draft who could slide in after a year though. Ones you can get at 30-62. I’d hope they use their resources with Stout and go that route, especially because none of these tackles are amazing prospects at the top.

I think the biggest thing with Lane is if he misses time we tend to lose, and he’s one mixup away from missing a season with testing. Want one Day One or day two, 10 would be disappointing.

Im on the same page that Howie will think of the cornerstone argument. Guys who will either be a leader by play or by personality. It’s why LVN has never seemed like a Howie pick.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 9:44 AM, Nabbs4u said:

I'll worry about year 5 when it gets here! There is no player in this draft outside of Anderson, Carter, Wilson and maybe Skoronski (if they are sitting Jurgens again) that would have a bigger impact for the Eagles then Bijan Robinson. 

But hey let's draft positions of value and players we can sign to a 2nd contract for years 5 and beyond like Danny Watkins, Derek Barnett ,Andre Dillard, and Jalen Reagor. 👍

LOL, just seeing this ridiculous  take.   So glad it didn’t come down to either a RB or Danny Watkins.  

• Like 1

Eagles have been ahead of the curve as far as drafting positional value, however it seems they have finally come around on player evaluations. We'll see how the 2022 draft and this draft plays out but I think Howie may have finally learned how to draft.....and its called not overthinking it.

Look what the Lions did with their two 1st round draft picks. We have distanced ourselves from these poor franchise decision makers by miles.

• Like 2