The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

23 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

Best draft in the last 30 years!

I'll let these players play before suggesting that. If it ends up being better then the 2018 draft, I'll happily take it. 

Dallas Goedert in the second round, Avonte Maddox and Josh Sweat in the fourth round, Matt Pryor in the sixth and Jordan Mailata in the seventh.

Just looking ahead to next year. We have no significant free agents to resign/replace next off season. Which feels a lot better and a lot more stable than what we had to overcome this off season.

55 minutes ago, Danger said:

Just looking ahead to next year. We have no significant free agents to resign/replace next off season. Which feels a lot better and a lot more stable than what we had to overcome this off season.

Running back in the first punter in the second

2 hours ago, Danger said:

I mean we're still going to have to replace 7 starters as it stands right now. Edmunds, Morrow (even though I dont think he'll be starting week 1, but as it stands right now), Cox, BG, Kelce, Watkins, and Swift. Not to mention depth guys who will probably play significant snaps this year in Driscoll, Penny, Barnett, and Jack Stoll.

You can almost bank that Dline will be a high priority in the 2024 draft again. DE will be a need. 

But this is how the Eagles are going to conduct business for the foreseeable future. We'll often have new faces starting at S, LB, and RB each year because they'll be 1 year contracts on the cheap.

2 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

I mean we're still going to have to replace 7 starters as it stands right now. Edmunds, Morrow (even though I dont think he'll be starting week 1, but as it stands right now), Cox, BG, Kelce, Watkins, and Swift. Not to mention depth guys who will probably play significant snaps this year in Driscoll, Penny, Barnett, and Jack Stoll.

You can almost bank that Dline will be a high priority in the 2024 draft again. DE will be a need. 

But this is how the Eagles are going to conduct business for the foreseeable future. We'll often have new faces starting at S, LB, and RB each year because they'll be 1 year contracts on the cheap.

Morrow is completely JAG. Edmunds might not even be a starter by season's end. 3rd best safety on this team IMO.
RBs are whatever. Howie will do his thing. 
There are very likely gonna be some retirements sure. But we've been preparing for that.

Next off season is easy compared to what we just went through.

No reason to think Howie will change from the norm. I expect no less then a DE, DT and a RT (OL) between FA and the 1st 4 picks!

Cox, BG and Kelce. We have the Kelce replacement, now looking for the potential Lane!

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Heard he's been disappointing after his rookie year

Can you suck and still start at LB for the Ravens for 50 straight games?

Or the last 34, after his Rookie year?

11 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Any reason why we wouldn’t be going after Patrick Queen? 

Depends what he costs I guess. Them not picking up his option doesn't mean they don't want him on the team this year, just that he isn't worth first round money going forward.

I am sure Howie is making calls though. I'd be good with adding him if the price is reasonable. He does have the measurables that the Eagles typically look for. Not the biggest guy and tested well at the combine.

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I don't know if he's improved through his time in the XFL but his hands were atrocious in college. 

Hopefully hanging out with Devonta helps.

35 catches on 49 targets this season in the XFL.  I have no context to provide with those stats.

On 5/2/2023 at 7:04 PM, Danger said:

The one that surprises me is Cesar Ruiz.

I was listening to a podcast that broke down the 5th year option decisions and that the OL number is for all of OL so the number is really geared towards OT's. So the thought is the Saints think they can sign him to a lower number rather than pick up the 5th year option