The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I hypothetically trade former 1st and 2nd round picks that should still have some value in the eyes of other GMs, like Dillard + Reagor. Wallace is a 5th rounder that was never good or hyped. 

You'd be a lot cooler if you embraced the meme.

7 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Oh boy. We just saying stuff now I guess. 

The Eagles are clearly not lacking in talent. Howie has not drafted “very poorly” by any reasonable standard. Anyone saying this is just not being honest. The draft is not there to fill holes. It is there to build your team for the future. You fill holes in FA. Howie’s ability to sign the right guys in FA and maneuver the trade market is an asset and not a symptom of failure. 

This is just such a clear “I don’t like Howie” narrative that you are trying to force everything he has done into some negative box. Reality is Howie just built a SB level roster with a ton of young talent tied up for multiple years. Some of you need to really look inward and wonder if things like that just happen…. Or maybe the dude is just good at his job. 

Yikes... Grand Canyon no doubt.

Curious though...what would be your plan for this offseason, and then what would be your plan for the draft? 

• Like 2

On 2/21/2023 at 11:12 AM, Scalamania said:

The preferred choice would be to draft a CB at 10 and plug them right in. 

Given the scenario of Howie not drafting one in the first round I'd lean towards signing Patrick Peterson on a one year deal and snag someone like Ricks, Williams or Kelly in the second and hope they develop. 

Hot take... I think we take Bijan at 10 if we can't trade back few spots. I am very against taking a HB round 1 but he can do it ALL

Edit to add: I actually would really like the Bijan pick... You're going to create 1v1's vs safeties / LBers in our run scheme and if we can win those consistently, it will take our offense to a new level. Unless teams just completely load up the box which in that case, I think we have the talent outside & at the QB position to capitalize. 

Edited by Wentz you dog you

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Nope he too Qasim a Philadelphia Eagles 2021 Draft pick.

So technically Howie drafted CGJ and Darius Slay. Man has a real eye for drafting secondary players. Zero worries about him taking the right CB at 10.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

So technically Howie drafted CGJ and Darius Slay. Man has a real eye for drafting secondary players. Zero worries about him taking the right CB at 10.

We cant do that because that would be filling a hole. Its all about the future instead. 

• Like 1