The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

Het at least I'm not alone anymore and the sub-forum has been better for it. 

Maybe in a few years we will get another 5 new posters that don't think every decision our Eagles make is the right or best decision. 

Yeah. No one on this forum has ever doubted anything the Eagles have done before this month. Pete didn't literally make a fire Howie thread 2 years ago. Remix didn't bring up us drafting Reagor over Jefferson eternally. Danger and I didn't relentlessly battle the Hurts fans(even though we were wrong). Etc, etc...

So dishonest. But sorry I am just being defensive for pointing out your posting history related to Howie.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Posting different viewpoints is certainly encouraged and welcome. But insinuating that my posts are the reason why the forum is dying? Sorry not gonna let that one go.

That's a weird take on that.

Not your posts, but the attitude of "think the same and praise the Eagles or leave". Even if someone is dead wrong, you don't tell people to leave, you don't make it personal. 

Look how much activity we've had lately when this time last year the sub forum was dead. 

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

That's a weird take on that.

Not your posts, but the attitude of "think the same and praise the Eagles or leave". Even if someone is dead wrong, you don't tell people to leave, you don't make it personal. 

Look how much activity we've had lately when this time last year the sub forum was dead. 

He personally quoted me on that. That made it personal. Connecting a post of mine to a forum dying isn't exactly going to sit well with me. Especially a forum that I've been active on since high school.

8 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Google philadelphia eagles and let me know what kind of articles or tweets you see and tell me they aren't mostly sky is falling type. I think I'm allowed to post things I see elsewhere right?

I seeing a doomsday vibe anywhere.  Again, doomsday is missing the playoffs.  You sure can post things you see.  You can also link them so we can see what doomsday stuff you’re talking about.  

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yeah. No one on this forum has ever doubted anything the Eagles have done before this month. Pete didn't literally make a fire Howie thread 2 years ago. Remix didn't bring up us drafting Reagor over Jefferson eternally. Danger and I didn't relentlessly battle the Hurts fans(even though we were wrong). Etc, etc...

So dishonest. But sorry I am just being defensive for pointing out your posting history related to Howie.

Draft prospects is the only thing I see disagreement because it would be impossible to everyone like every player, and we started as a draft forum. 

As for the Howie thread? That's exactly what I meant when I said people don't have long term memory as if all of his flaws were suddenly corrected and people seem to want to die defending him now. We can call bad things when the team is doing good too. 

You keep calling me dishonest and don't know what your fixation on it is. I don't believe you are because you are half in love with the guy. 

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

He personally quoted me on that. That made it personal. Connecting a post of mine to a forum dying isn't exactly going to sit well with me. Especially a forum that I've been active on since high school.

I thought you meant my post. Go on. 

17 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I'm not butt hurt at all - the comment was unnecessary. The new folks have different viewpoints then most of us and that's fine, it makes for a much more engaging/interesting community here - we don't need to be running anyone off the forum at this point or suggesting they leave. 

Thanks.  How boring would it be if everyone was lock step in opinion.  There would be nothing to discuss on a discussion board.

• Like 1

Just now, 4for4PhillyFan said:

I seeing a doomsday vibe anywhere.  Again, doomsday is missing the playoffs.  You sure can post things you see.  You can also link them so we can see what doomsday stuff you’re talking about.  

My phone is hard enough to make a basic post on, let alone link something. You didn't see the popular tweet going around listing all of the defensive players we could lose in a negative connotation? Or see others saying RIP Eagles? Or us facing key losses in fre agency? All of the losing Slay stuff?

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Thanks.  How boring would it be if everyone was lock step in opinion.  There would be nothing to discuss on a discussion board.

There's definitely a panicky vibe around here, but again, never did I say nor do I want everyone to be in total lock step.

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

Draft prospects is the only thing I see disagreement because it would be impossible to everyone like every player, and we started as a draft forum. 

As for the Howie thread? That's exactly what I meant when I said people don't have long term memory as if all of his flaws were suddenly corrected and people seem to want to die defending him now. We can call bad things when the team is doing good too. 

You keep calling me dishonest and don't know what your fixation on it is. I don't believe you are because you are half in love with the guy. 

Yes no one disagrees on anything but draft prospects in this forum until.... now.

I am calling you dishonest because you are posting things that are not honest. Extremely simple. There have been countless debates on the Eagles over the past 10 years I have been posting here. Many of us have agreed with others on things and disagree on others. To say "Maybe in a few years we will get another 5 new posters that don't think every decision our Eagles make is the right or best decision." is by definition dishonest. You have been posting here long enough to know that is flat out not true.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

There's definitely a panicky vibe around here, but again, never did I say nor do I want everyone to be in total lock step.

How is pointing out what appears to be obvious panicking ??

I am an Oakland A's fan.  They are going to suck this year.  I am not panicked about it, it's just a fact.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Is there a tweet listing all the defensive players we could lose in a positive connotation ??

There certainly could be a general tweeted list of free agents yes. I believe this one was after the Slay news came out and newly included him on the list to make it look, dare I say, "doomsday" like with losing basically an entire starting defense to free agency.