The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

How is pointing out what appears to be obvious panicking ??

I am an Oakland A's fan.  They are going to suck this year.  I am not panicked about it, it's just a fact.

I've seen a "punt" and "rebuild" year for the defense. I'm sorry but for a team that has approximately, what, the 4th or so best odds to hoist the Lombardi, that seems like a little panicky.

Edited by EagleBlueDon

Regardless of what @EagleBlueDonsaid. There's other users in here that seem to think we have in FF specifically a sense of panic, when that hasn't been the case in here. No one has predicted a losing record or missing the playoffs. The "negative" things we have said are unrelated to the point in the offseason that we are right now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Regardless of what @EagleBlueDonsaid. There's other users in here that seem to think we have in FF specifically a sense of panic, when that hasn't been the case in here. No one has predicted a losing record or missing the playoffs. The "negative" things we have said are unrelated to the point in the offseason that we are right now. 

I don't get it.  We are most likely losing Bradberry, CJGJ and Hargrave, and maybe some others.

I am not panicked about it today, but I do question if the guy in charge can replace them in the draft.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I've seen a "punt" and "rebuild" year for the defense. I'm sorry but for a team that has approximately, what, the 4th or so best odds to hoist the Lombardi, that seems like a little panicky.

We have more than half of the starters likely to leave, and a lot of personnel turnaround, even new coaching staff. That is by definition a rebuild.

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yes no one disagrees on anything but draft prospects in this forum until.... now.

I am calling you dishonest because you are posting things that are not honest. Extremely simple. There have been countless debates on the Eagles over the past 10 years I have been posting here. Many of us have agreed with others on things and disagree on others. To say "Maybe in a few years we will get another 5 new posters that don't think every decision our Eagles make is the right or best decision." is by definition dishonest. You have been posting here long enough to know that is flat out not true.

Yes and those disagreements are always about players or when the team is doing bad is when everyone is arguing. But since 2008 that I've joined there's always been a foolish notion in here that.

Agrees with the team decisions = Knowledgeable poster

Criticices the team = Negadelphian, Panicky, Knee jerk reaction

That's why some of our more critical poster left, you should have seen how it was in here during the Reid days. 

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I don't get it.  We are most likely losing Bradberry, CJGJ and Hargrave, and maybe some others.

I am not panicked about it today, but I do question if the guy in charge can replace them in the draft.

As we all should. Specially the draft part.

But we all should question the guy in charge regardless. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, downundermike said:

May not replace all 3 in the draft but he certainly will with FAs n trades for the holes after the draft. CGJ and JB were both well into the summer. Howie never sleeps

Damn dudes nothing in here is mandatory to read. If you don't like a post just come back a page later and you won't even have to look at it.

I'm not the biggest fan of some of the more negative takes I've seen recently either but I'm not gonna mitch about it, just going to come back later or just read a different thread.

Bunch of grown men arguing over how to talk in a football forum. As long as it isn't breaking any rules, people can post what they want in here. If they do otherwise, Kilty or Pete or even Webby will ban them to the shadow realm.

Edited by Daimonas
  • Like 2