The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

47 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I still don't get why we didn't tag CGJ. The tag for safeties isn't crazy. Could have even transition tagged him. Dude lead the league in INT's. Shouldn't have let him hit FA.

Unless he made it clear through negotiations if Tagged, he'd go full Saints, not show up, cause issues?

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

Stepping out on a limb that Jordan Davis will end up an absolute disappointment for how we traded up for him. I hope I’m wrong more than anyone. I didn’t say bust, just disappointment. He could end up like Patterson. Or Bunkley even. But I’m hard pressed that Davis, like them, will meet our expectations.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Texas Eagle said:

Stepping out on a limb that Jordan Davis will end up an absolute disappointment for how we traded up for him. I hope I’m wrong more than anyone. I didn’t say bust, just disappointment. He could end up like Patterson. Or Bunkley even. But I’m hard pressed that Davis, like them, will meet our expectations.

I wasn't huge on the pick, but for where we were and his potential from the measurements alone you gotta try and hope for the best. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I still don't get why we didn't tag CGJ. The tag for safeties isn't crazy. Could have even transition tagged him. Dude lead the league in INT's. Shouldn't have let him hit FA.

I’m sure they want his cap figure for this year to be much lower than the 14.4 million on the tag. Obviously I think they would still have some time after the tag to negotiate a deal, but yeah I’m guessing that played a role in us not doing it.

Hopefully no team offers him something crazy out of our ballpark.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’m sure they want his cap figure for this year to be much lower than the 14.4 million on the tag. Obviously I think they would still have some time after the tag to negotiate a deal, but yeah I’m guessing that played a role in us not doing it.

He's such a valuable player for us since he can admirably cover for Maddox when he inevitably goes down with an injury next year for 4-5 weeks.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

OMG please Yes!!! CGJ sign it!