The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

34 minutes ago, Danger said:

The only blue chippers are Jalen Carter and Will Anderson, neither of them are falling to 10. Tyree Wilson won't be there either. I'm reasonably confident we'll be able to get Witherspoon or Gonzalez though.

Never say never. People randomly fall every year for made up bs. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:
1 hour ago, Texas Eagle said:

Hopefully the foolish Panthers traded up for Richardson so that 4 QBs 100% go before us.

Never thought about that.  That would be huge.  Especially when a defensive player falls to 10, so Lowie can draft a OT.   

I don't see Frank Reich having Richardson higher than his QB4. Most likely they take Stroud.

• Like 1

I don't think we go Gonzalez or Witherspoon at 10, even if both are available. The talent gap between them and the guys projected to go around our 30th pick is not that big, even if they are the "top 2". I do think we take a CB at pick 30 though.

If we stay at 10, and I don't think we will, we likely take Van Ness, Nolan Smith, or Skoronski. More likely we move down to 15-19, hope 1 of those 3 falls to us, and ultimately take Kancey or Adeboware when they don't.

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't think we go Gonzalez or Witherspoon at 10, even if both are available. The talent gap between them and the guys projected to go around our 30th pick is not that big, even if they are the "top 2". I do think we take a CB at pick 30 though.

If we stay at 10, and I don't think we will, we likely take Van Ness, Nolan Smith, or Skoronski. More likely we move down to 15-19, hope 1 of those 3 falls to us, and ultimately take Kancey or Adeboware when they don't.

That sounds completely backwards to me. The talent gap between the top 3 corners and everyone else is way bigger. And none of the EDGE guys are worth taking at 10 at all.

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

literally everything.

I think you might just be seeing what you want to see, and he very rarely went against good WR's at Oregon. Washington was one of maybe 2 times he did, and he struggled in that game. Would have been nice to see him go against Addison. Not sure how he did against Arizona/Cowing.

Edited by Jeezla

17 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think you might just be seeing what you want to see, and he very rarely went against good WR's at Oregon. Washington was one of maybe 2 times he did, and he struggled in that game. Would have been nice to see him go against Addison. Not sure how he did against Arizona/Cowing.

I would much rather trade down and take Banks then take Gonzalez at 10

With not a single pick in rds 4 thru 6, this will be the draft Howie trades down numerous times IMO. Wouldn't shock me in the slightest if #10 ends up in the 20's.

Unless Jalen Carter actually falls past Chicago at #9, which he wouldn't.