The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

No, but it could stop them from considering one before round 4.

Do they need to draft one before round 4? There are some quality backs who I think will be available around there. 

Just now, Jeezla said:

Massive? It's literally 3 words difference. What a drama queen.

It's almost like that is how the English language works or something.

But yes I am the drama queen for preaching people should take a deep breath and wait till our roster is set to say that our defense is going to suck lol.

7 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Yep.  Part of a rotation.   I really think we’re gonna see much more out of Sermon next year.   Kenny G, Sermon and Penny.  Maybe an UDFA.   

Yeah I mean I can't imagine the FO is anywhere near the thought of him being some bellcow. Taking a RB in the 5th or 6th I'd be okay with dependent upon Bosco.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ACO said:

Do they need to draft one before round 4? There are some quality backs who I think will be available around there. 

Do you need to draft a QB in round 1? Brock Purdy was taken in the 7th.

Obviously you can find a good player at any position in any round if you get lucky enough, but to make it less luck dependant, you probably want to take a RB in the 2nd or 3rd if you want a potentially "elite" guy there instead of a JAG.

2 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

This finally means that some fans delusion of drafting a RB at 10 or 30 cease.   Maybe.  

Depends. Penny is capable of tearing an ACL between now and the draft.

I actually really like the Penny signing. I think its a low risk/very high reward as long as we draft a mid round RB. This could be a very nice RB group. Makes sense for Penny as well. Come to a team behind a great Oline where its a heavy RB rotation so he has his best chance to stay healthy.

• Like 1

Not sure what you people expecting a lot of Trey Sermon next year are smoking, but I want. We gave up nothing to get him, and didn't play him at all...because Boston Scott was in front of him. He'll be lucky to get 3 snaps a game.

Edited by Jeezla