Around the NFL

WizardHawk

Man...imagine if Jerry and Stephen had been this aggressive when they had Dak on his rookie deal? 

(Not that they couldn't be as or near as aggressive as Houston has been this off-season now, but...)

3 hours ago, textaz03 said:

2025 picks 😂😂

being reported as 2025 2nd

It must be exciting to be a Texans fan as they do what they have to in order to field a very competitive squad.  Is that what all in means?

These actions guarantee nothing for Houston but if I were a Texans fan I would appreciate the moves.

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

It's not like we need a WR or anything, nor would Diggs have any connection to a person or player on this team.

#All In

18 mil for a 30 yr old who is declining?  And the Bills good with the 30 mil Cap hit 🤔. Good luck Houston, hope it works out for you 

56 minutes ago, Northland said:

It must be exciting to be a Texans fan as they do what they have to in order to field a very competitive squad.  Is that what all in means?

These actions guarantee nothing for Houston but if I were a Texans fan I would appreciate the moves.

It’s understandable that they have a QB on a Rookie contract, so they can make some good moves. But any savy GM and CAP guru knows how to maneuver through Free Agency, improving their roster. Jerry and Steven have done absolutely nothing to improve this roster.

A 30 year old LB offsets the loss of an injured LVE. Other than that, It’s the same exact roster that was a 1st round bow this past post season minus 3 offensive starters and several key contributors. 

7 hours ago, D82 said:

Man...imagine if Jerry and Stephen had been this aggressive when they had Dak on his rookie deal? 

(Not that they couldn't be as or near as aggressive as Houston has been this off-season now, but...)

Tony Romo made $140,000 per snap in Daks rookie season.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2016/10/03/dallas-cowboys-moving-from-tony-romo-to-dak-prescott-financial-math-salary-cap/#:~:text=He entered 2016 with a,the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

They were paying Tony Romo into Daks third year. That’s what happens with these albatross QB deals and passing the bill over to future years. Hard to take advantage of rookie deals when you hand mega money to QBs in their 30s.

6 hours ago, Northland said:

I go to Texans games because Cowboys tickets are ridiculous. I’ve sat row 1 on the 40 yard line for $180 in Houston. 

$180 is like the price of the 32oz margarita at AT&T stadium. 

CJ Stroud and Diggs are ruining my cheap NFL tickets. 😠

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Tony Romo made $140,000 per snap in Daks rookie season.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2016/10/03/dallas-cowboys-moving-from-tony-romo-to-dak-prescott-financial-math-salary-cap/#:~:text=He entered 2016 with a,the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

They were paying Tony Romo into Daks third year. That’s what happens with these albatross QB deals and passing the bill over to future years. Hard to take advantage of rookie deals when you hand mega money to QBs in their 30s.

They still could make it work and be aggressive if they knew how to make the cap work for them.

But they would rather lie and use it as a crutch and use the profits from Dallas to grow their portfolio elsewhere in other business ventures. 

18 hours ago, PincheJimmy said:

18 mil for a 30 yr old who is declining?  And the Bills good with the 30 mil Cap hit 🤔. Good luck Houston, hope it works out for you 

Buffalo would be holding most of the financial bag, so the cost would've been minimal. I also believe that the drama that often accompanies him would've been significantly reduced because his brother is on the team. And, if Dak is as great as people keep trying to prop him up to be, then having Diggs as the #2 should put our passing attack over the top....unless they're willing to admit that Dak isn't very good.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1

The Diggs trade is one of those deals where it was probably time for Buffalo to move on, but the Texans should still get one, maybe two focused, motivated, dominant years out of him. It’s absolutely a risk worth taking for them.

• 2 weeks later...