2023: Offseason

onejayhawk

I think honestly, if we can move CEH to a team where he’s got a better shot to play and contribute we’ll do it for just about nothing at this point.  He didn’t beat it Rojo at the end.  After a solid albeit far from stellar rookie year he’s likely been the lowlight of the Veach Era.  I remember all the talk about how Mahomes really pulled for his pick etc…on to the next one I guess.

30 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I think honestly, if we can move CEH to a team where he’s got a better shot to play and contribute we’ll do it for just about nothing at this point.  He didn’t beat it Rojo at the end.  After a solid albeit far from stellar rookie year he’s likely been the lowlight of the Veach Era.  I remember all the talk about how Mahomes really pulled for his pick etc…on to the next one I guess.

I open to moving him as well only if we're able to resign McKinnon and get another rb during the draft. If McKinnon signs somewhere else, i would just keep him for depth.

13 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

We can absolutely get a RB in the draft. There will be draftable RB as UDFA because the pool is so deep.

We might be able to get a replacement for Thornhill among the UDFA CB. 

You criminally undervalue Thornhill almost as badly as you overvalue Shark.

10 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

You criminally undervalue Thornhill almost as badly as you overvalue Shark.

I do not expect Thornhill to re-sign. He may do well in the market and we can get a comp pick for him. Clark restructuring is a distinct possibility.

In any event, the CB class is so deep that projects for conversion to FS may fall all the way through. More realistically, I expect Williams, Watson, or both to work on safety techniques while Reid and Cook are the lead pair. 

Just now, Chiefs_5627 said:

Peliserro just said on NFL Network that he expects OBjr to hit FA. 

I can't help but wonder if OBjr's camp is leaking all of this to put pressure on the Chiefs... 🤷

I think they have a deal ready to be in place, idk why they wouldn’t tag him unless they’re not barking at his asking price 

5 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

I think they have a deal ready to be in place, idk why they wouldn’t tag him unless they’re not barking at his asking price 

Garafolo said that KC relayed to Browns camp that they didn't want to invest that much on the tag. So it may be telling that they want to yearly averages to be less. Might just be too far apart

Edited by Chiefs_5627

50 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

We've got an NFL best 12 picks in the draft.  I'd rather get a shutdown CB to pair with McDuffie and get Safety who already knows what he's doing.

We only have three picks in the top 100 and none of those will get a shutdown CB.

In Cook we have a safety who knows what he's doing. We are talking DB depth, not starters

9 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Don’t have a source link, but we aren’t tagging Brown confirmed. 

If we don't tag OB Jr then it begs the question of who will get tagged.

If Brown moves on that is a lot of cap room available to sign FA and restructure a lot of contracts.