2023: Offseason

onejayhawk

5 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Harris was the one guy we didn’t tender I thought, so this could have been a factor there.  Wasn’t a fan of Harris.

I was downright mad at him a couple times when he filled in when Gay was suspended lol, I just figured he was one of those fringe guys anyway that maybe they did't wanna tender to save a few bucks when they bring him back. Tranquill has to change that.

Edited by Chiefs_5627

2 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

This, is literally the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you’re saying about Kelce, only Reid isn’t the current GOAT.

Reid is 26 not 33. I'm also not looking to take a S on the first two days. 

There is no such thing as a current GOAT. It means Greatest of ALL TIME. 

38 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I’m liking the Tranquil and Edwards additions. More pieces for Spagz to work with and tool around with. No complacency or keeping old vets because that’s what Spagz is familiar with.

The thing you like about Tranquil is that he covers some of Bolton's weaknesses, particularly coverage. 

Edwards is not as big a splash as Tranquil but he settles the safety group. In both cases we now have depth to get overworked players some rest.

If we add a gorilla to play 0-tech, we could run a 3-4 on occasion. It would be in Cullen's wheelhouse.

One thing is certain, the defense will be very different, again.

58 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

The thing you like about Tranquil is that he covers some of Bolton's weaknesses, particularly coverage. 

Edwards is not as big a splash as Tranquil but he settles the safety group. In both cases we now have depth to get overworked players some rest.

If we add a gorilla to play 0-tech, we could run a 3-4 on occasion. It would be in Cullen's wheelhouse.

One thing is certain, the defense will be very different, again.

Tranquil is also a good blitzer and we know how Spagz likes to blitz. He’s not the best run defender though, Spagz will have all season to figure out his best fit. 

Edwards is a solid hybrid, which gives us three hybrid safeties to deploy. I’m thinking we stick with the cover two scheme they’ve been using.

im wondering what we do at DT too, maybe we draft a guy out of the 3rd like usual. 

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

Tranquil is also a good blitzer and we know how Spagz likes to blitz. He’s not the best run defender though, Spagz will have all season to figure out his best fit. 

Edwards is a solid hybrid, which gives us three hybrid safeties to deploy. I’m thinking we stick with the cover two scheme they’ve been using.

im wondering what we do at DT too, maybe we draft a guy out of the 3rd like usual. 

Have you met my friend Mazi?

• Like 2

93% is a, well, Nick Bolton-like number. That said, they are very different players. Bolton is going to own the middle and he appears to be a much better run defender.

Tranquill is the coverage LB we didn't have. He becomes the dimebacker and might even play some DB roles. It's something he did in college. 

All of a sudden, we have a ton of LB who can blitz. Bolton is OK but Tranquill and Gay are quite good. We haven't seen it yet, but Chenal brings that reputation from college, enough to make me wonder if he can play stand up DE. 

9 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

8 hours ago, chiefs82 said:

I'm a little late to react here, had a busy day, but these both feel like just solid signings to me. Neither are guys you would be ecstatic about them being like the guy in a defensive unit, but are excellent pieces to a corp. Feels like they bring a lot of flexibility to what we already have at LB and S, as well, and make us pretty comfortably 3 deep at both spots (I like how Chenal finished the season but think more time will still be needed there.)

Only thing I don't like is I can't help but feel this is just going to result in them taking Gay off the field more again.