Is Mayfield a first round QB???

Iamcanadian

I love the guy, but he started the season as a possible 4th or 5th round prospect, just how far up the latter has he come???

I really suspect he could measure in at 5'11" or possibly 5"10" at the Combine, so how high do you think he goes???

Reminds me a lot of Drew Brees with all that energy and Leadership!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000875152/article/scouting-baker-mayfield-vs-tcu-qb-worthy-of-firstround-pick

Just now, Iamcanadian said:

Still, for every Wilson or Brees, there are hundreds if not thousands of short college QB's with great stats, who never become pro QB's???

So, how high should he go in the draft????

There are hundreds of quarterbacks period who never become good pro quarterbacks. Also, it should be noted that though the sample size for both is limited, I'd say NFL quarterbacks between 5'10 - 6' even have a much better track record of success  in the NFL than guys who are 6'6" and taller, but that doesn't stop teams from drafting Paxton Lynch in the first round, or using a likely very high pick on Josh Allen this year. Granted, 6'6" is an arbitrary cut off as there are quite a few great quarterbacks at 6'5", but still. Just showing that sometimes height isn't everything. 

10 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

Still, for every Wilson or Brees, there are hundreds if not thousands of short college QB's with great stats, who never become pro QB's???

So, how high should he go in the draft????

He has the IT factor. He should be a top ten pick. He won't be though.

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

There are hundreds of quarterbacks period who never become good pro quarterbacks. Also, it should be noted that though the sample size for both is limited, I'd say NFL quarterbacks between 5'10 - 6' even have a much better track record of success  in the NFL than guys who are 6'6" and taller, but that doesn't stop teams from drafting Paxton Lynch in the first round, or using a likely very high pick on Josh Allen this year. Granted, 6'6" is an arbitrary cut off as there are quite a few great quarterbacks at 6'5", but still. Just showing that sometimes height isn't everything. 

I agree, being over 6'5" is just as bad if not worse, but still, being short isn't pretty either as far as success goes!!!

Just now, Iamcanadian said:

Ridiculous, this guys intangibles are off the charts. He is a tremendous leader of men. Read the post from NFL.com re: his character.

He is about as far away from Manziel as you can be!

I wouldn't go that far...so far, the guy has displayed that he's a bit of a tool. Nothing so bad that I would be overly concerned about a Manziel type situation or anything like that, but right now, I'm not considering his character as one of his finest attributes. Again, nothing I'm dinging his draft grade on (similar to Rosen in this regard), but let's not get it twisted. 

Archived