Is Mayfield a first round QB???

Iamcanadian

2 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

And you literally have no idea what goes on behind the scenes with Baker. I'm pointing out the fact that he has been arrested for public intoxication in addition to a boatload of immaturity problems.

NEITHER DO YOU!!!

Public intoxication is a JOKE of a crime. He in trouble for jaywalking too? Also, if literally anyone is mad at the flag planting, they can just go home. Absurd. Kansas players took cheapshots on him all game and he just grabbed his balls at em after he dominated. Not ideal but cmon now.

Just now, M.10.E said:

NEITHER DO YOU!!!

Public intoxication is a JOKE of a crime. He in trouble for jaywalking too?

Read the facts. It wasn't just public intoxication. It was trying to flea from police and disorderly conduct.

The fact still remains he was arrested for three charges. The Baker hype train is trying to excuse his behavior because "he's not Johnny Manziel." That doesn't mean he doesn't have some serious maturity issues.

7 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

Read the facts. It wasn't just public intoxication. It was trying to flee from police and disorderly conduct.

The fact still remains he was arrested for three charges. The Baker hype train is trying to excuse his behavior because "he's not Johnny Manziel." That doesn't mean he doesn't have some serious maturity issues.

Plus, his inability to escape the police wearing full armor seriously calls into question both his pocket awareness and mobility.

25 minutes ago, Danger said:

Really does remind me of Russell Wilson the more I think about it. 

Well Wilson was dinged for his size when NFL scouts and coaches were firmly in the belief there was a minimum height needed to succeed in the NFL.     Wilson also had elite traits that Mayfield hasn't shown he possesses - 4.55 40, 4.09 20-yd shuttle, 6.97 3-cone.  Big hands despite his short height, and good arm strength (not just velo, but on film).  And a history of playing in a pro-style O, against top competition.   

Mayfield's faced top competition, and he's got a chance to show he has that same level of athletic prowess to be able to create more time vs. NFL D's like Wilson can.  I suspect he won't show those traits to the same degree as Wilson did.  If he does, then the Wilson comps become better - it's only then a matter of how pro-ready his non-physical QB skills are (read progression, D recognition, pocket awareness <not just running around, but true awareness of the guys around him>, eyes up with real pressure).   I see him eyes up all the time, but the rest is more of an unknown.   But Mayfield has to match that level of athletic skill for ppl to see the Wilson comp instead of seeing the Manziel comp (which hurts him a ton, not just off-the-field, but on-field too).

And here's the kicker - Wilson still went Rd3.   Now of course he's broken the barrier, so ppl will argue that Mayfield will benefit - they'll point to Manziel.  The problem is that Manziel bombed so badly - he knocks guys back down, unless they can convince scouts that they have the Wilson profile matched to a T.   

Add it all up, unless Mayfield absolutely blows up the Combine, I think he drops to Day 2.   Blow up the Combine, and then sure, Day 1 is there.    Sadly, for the 2 teams that pick them, I think the Combine will make Lamar Jackson & Josh Allen rise, while Mayfield takes a hit. 

1 hour ago, Da_Ducktator said:

Read the facts. It wasn't just public intoxication. It was trying to flea from police and disorderly conduct.

It's going to take more than ONE incident for me to think that there is a behavioral issue.  One arrest that led to three charges is still one arrest.  He's not Johnny Manziel, and anyone whose followed those two knows there's a very stark difference between the two.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

It's going to take more than ONE incident for me to think that there is a behavioral issue.  One arrest that led to three charges is still one arrest.  He's not Johnny Manziel, and anyone whose followed those two knows there's a very stark difference between the two.

Agreed.  Those 3 charges wouldn't be happened if he was not drunk. At least, he did not drunkenly rape or murder anyone. Knock on wood.

One question is will you be ever tired of hearing his dumb behavior and apology repeatedly?  If yes, stay away from him. If no. go for it.

Manziel had not run into legal trouble until he entered NFL world. If that was correct then we would have a problem trusting Mayfield.

4 hours ago, Jlash said:

All kidding aside, you see what I'm asking right? It can't be both. He can't be "not an NFL QB" but also call him a mediocre player at the next level.

That's because most mediocre QBs at the next level aren't NFL QBs.

Lotta bad QB in the NFL.

4 hours ago, Counselor said:

Because he isn't Josh Dobbs who is better than Deshaun Watson. Didn't you know this already!?

Just like I said Kamara was better than Fournette, Cook, and McCaffrey before the draft.  And now we're seeing the proof.

By 2019, the football world will be agreeing with me once again just as they are agreeing with me right now on Alvin.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Personally, I'll take Mayfield over Lamar Jackson, Lamar reminds me more of RG3 (not the Rookie year RG3)

Mayfield has no elite traits.  At least Lamar Jackson has generation athleticism at the QB position.  And unlike RG3 has proven he can be somewhat durable.

I think Lamar can be a taller Michael Vick.  He'll never be a great passer but his athleticism will help him and his team win many games.

Gimme Lamar Jackson all day over Baker Mayfield.

I said this back when he was drafted (I could see the writing on the wall), but how there's not a 30 for 30 called "Johnny Football" is beyond me.

What would you say if I told you that ONE MAN single-handedly beat Alabama?

What would you say if ONE MAN changed the dynamic of the quarterback position?

What would you say if this ONE MAN was just a freshman?

What would you say if this ONE MAN threw it all away?

Tune in Tuesday night at 9:00 PM Eastern

Archived