Official 2023 Combine Thread

goldfishwars

10 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I don’t think there’s been a good correlation between play strength and bar reps at the combine 

8 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

An impressive bench press showing at the combine proves one thing- you are good at benching. That's it.

True, but you expect guys who specifically stand out for their strength to do pretty well on the bench, at least.

17 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Carter not blowing it up 

Between the Senior Bowl and this, I can't imagine him going in the Top 2 Rounds anymore. I was rooting for him, but he's raw, played lousy competition, and he's underweight/very lanky to go with not being technically sound. I love his motor and physique upside to gain mass, but he's not close right now. 

25 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Between the Senior Bowl and this, I can't imagine him going in the Top 2 Rounds anymore. I was rooting for him, but he's raw, played lousy competition, and he's underweight/very lanky to go with not being technically sound. I love his motor and physique upside to gain mass, but he's not close right now. 

You’d think at a bare minimum he’d be athletic and agile and he can’t even hit those thresholds 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Halfway decent EDGE always tend to get pushed up the board.  I think he's definitely out of Day 1 range, but Day 2 is absolutely the sweet spot for where he's going to land.