Official 2023 Combine Thread

goldfishwars

33 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Richardson at 244lbs 😳

His hype will be through the roof today if he runs in the 4.4 range in the 40.

I doubt he even runs though. I just automatically assume most QBs these days won't at the combine until I actually see them doing it. 

11 minutes ago, BRANDON26841X said:

I doubt he even runs though. I just automatically assume most QBs these days won't at the combine until I actually see them doing it. 

He’ll run. His main chance of moving up high in the draft is by blowing up the combine.

6 minutes ago, DanMullen said:

He’ll run. His main chance of moving up high in the draft is by blowing up the combine.

That's always what I think with these athletic QBs the past few years (Jackson, Murray, Willis, Lance) but it seems like they feel that running a fast 40 will just distract teams from their ability to pass the ball (or ask about position switches) or something so they don't even train for it. I guess I sort  of get it in a way. Teams knew those guys were fast regardless. 

Fields eventually ran, but also skipped it at the combine. Aside from him these guys just haven't been running recently. Stroud should because I think he'd time better than expected and it could only help his stock, but I doubt he does either. 

Edited by BRANDON26841X

56 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Basically the exact same size as Kyler Murray. In other words, this whole size concern was overblown, which isn't surprising. 

Wait, isn't size a major issue for Kyler Murray? Also, Young is a lot less athletic than Murray.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I think certain athletic testing is very important for certain positions, but whilst thresholds are important at receiver - I could care less about unproductive college receivers running fast.

On that list Stallworth I loved out of college, dude was so hard to cover and was tough as well.

But yes for receivers a great 40 time is not everything obviously, if one cannot run routes well running fast is not all that important.

I thought Isabella had a chance in the league but clearly his success was that level of competition beating up on them and his speed has not been all that dangerous in the NFL.  Pretty bad list though overall honestly, helps the dudes get drafted higher than they should that is for sure.  And every team wants that deep shot big play guy.  

DK Metcalf is just off that list with 4.33 and dude is a tank and obviously has done well.  Tyreek Hill is not on that list because was not at the combine because of the off the field stuff, but ran what a 4.29.  So just those two would change that list greatly!  Not to mention Randy Moss who hand timed what 4.25.....yeah he is pretty legit!