Rams likely to trade CB Jalen Ramsey in coming weeks

RaidersAreOne

27 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Houston is in the AFC.

I would be shocked if Ramsey net them multiple 1sts. I know he’s still a beast, but he’s gonna be 29 and is making a ton of money. I don’t think any team is a CB away from contending. Detroit is probably the closest that fits that bill, but if I’m them, I wouldn’t wanna part with either 1st, especially in such a deep CB class.

They could legitimately get both Devon Witherspoon & Christian Gonzales in the 1st and immediately turn that position into an embarrassment of riches…for cheap. 

Exactly. Detroit is in a really good position considering this this draft is deep at CB. They could add a top tier prospect in round 1 like you mentioned and then grab another quality starting-caliber prospect in rounds 2-3 if they wanted to.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Houston, Seattle, Detroit and Philly. I don't see Houston trading picks for Ramsey when they might need those picks to move around for the guys they want. 

I might not like the idea of using either FRP - but the 2nd round (33rd overall) pick?

Anyone?

Anyone?

24 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I don't think either Witherspoon or Gonzalez fall to #18. TBH, I don't think Porter lasts past the Steelers at #17. I do think the Lions could trade #18 to L.A. for Ramsey or trade two 2nds and still draft Witherspoon at #6 and have the option of taking BPA at #18. 

CB:

Jalen Ramsey 28

Devin Witherspoon 22 (Rookie contract)

Jeff Okudah 24 (Rookie contract)

Jerry Jacobs 25 (UDFA rookie contract)

Mac McCain 25

Chase Lucas 25 (Rookie contract)

S:

Tracy Walker III 28

Kerby Joseph 22 (Rookie contract)

Ifeatu Melifonwu 23 (Rookie contract)

DeShon Elliott 25

That is a stacked secondary. Then just gotta figure out the LB spot. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

That is a stacked secondary. Then just gotta figure out the LB spot. 

No doubt. Only have Malcolm Rodriguez and Derrick Barnes (Booth on rookie contracts for under $1 mill each) under contract at the LB position as of right now. Alex Anzalone has said he'd like to return and would "take a pay cut" to return, but we'll see what the Lions do. They have to add from somewhere, either FA or draft. 

13 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

You can have all the defensive talent in the world and still get 35 hung on you by the top offenses. You should try to field a good defense but your top priority should be an offense that can score and never stop scoring.

Click me if you want to see offense efficiency in the NFL. I need to learn how to embed tweets on here. 😞 

On 2/24/2023 at 9:22 PM, Danger said:

I think he can probably finish out that contract without age being his downfall, now maybe if he's just washed to some degree that might be another story, hard to say. I didn't watch him last year or frankly hear him mentioned really.

Ever since Tyreek got that money jalens been hinting he wants that new pay day.