John Fox is still employed

G08

On 11/7/2017 at 10:38 AM, G08 said:

The words "as we continue to build this thing around him" were used, made me a bit uneasy.

I doubt Pace comes out and says he is going to be replaced in season, keep the guy invested to see if he can get something out of Mitch and if not then at the end of the season review everything. I dislike Loggains but he has had limited time with Trubisky and will have the whole 2nd half to show improvement. Pace is a poker player, look at how he threw everyone, including about every beat writer/reporter, off the trail as he wanted Trubisky. If he already has any plans, he is keeping it close to his chest.

As far as Fox, he blows and has ample history proving it. His only sustained success was 3 years with Peyton, and if it wasn't for Fox being able to get some respect from players, getting pretty good coordinators and Pace drafting/signing the talent I don't think people would put Fox much ahead of the likes of Trestman. Don;t get me wrong, Trestman was a poor HC but Emery handcuffed the team he coached as much as Fox seems to be handcuffing this team.

On 11/5/2017 at 5:49 PM, WindyCity said:
On 11/5/2017 at 1:14 PM, Madmike90 said:

be an option? Wentz looks like a superstar and Reich has worked with him...Peyton Manning & Phillip Rivers...he has already interviewed for a few HC jobs around the NFL is well so he is clearly respected...would bring some of that KC offence with him as well.

Would 100% be on my interview list. You could

I think the biggest thing is Fox was brought in to reestablish a culture in the locker room and with the team, not to be the next coming. We got soft and forgot how to be professionals under Emery/Trestman, and Fox's old school approach helped make the Bears more respectable, at least within the building. In this time, Pace has taken the opportunity to gut the team and bring in his players, and has established some good pieces that the team can build on. Now that Pace has his QB and his building blocks, and has reestablished the team as a professional football team, he can go out and get the innovative coach that can help this team take the next step, all the while Pace can start to suppliment the roster, starting with the overall of the WR position, and plugging in players at RT, OLB, OG/C (sitton gone, cody slide back?)

I think Pace needs to take a hard look at the Rams. Fox is our Fisher. Get a McVay, sign/draft 2+ WRs, and lets see what happens when that's added to our RB and D. 

3 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

I think the biggest thing is Fox was brought in to reestablish a culture in the locker room and with the team, not to be the next coming. We got soft and forgot how to be professionals under Emery/Trestman, and Fox's old school approach helped make the Bears more respectable, at least within the building. In this time, Pace has taken the opportunity to gut the team and bring in his players, and has established some good pieces that the team can build on. Now that Pace has his QB and his building blocks, and has reestablished the team as a professional football team, he can go out and get the innovative coach that can help this team take the next step, all the while Pace can start to suppliment the roster, starting with the overall of the WR position, and plugging in players at RT, OLB, OG/C (sitton gone, cody slide back?)

I think Pace needs to take a hard look at the Rams. Fox is our Fisher. Get a McVay, sign/draft 2+ WRs, and lets see what happens when that's added to our RB and D. 

Even ONE legit WR would make a big difference. Look at Philly. Take Alshon out of their receiver corps (not talking Ertz here) and the group isn’t any better than ours. I think what comes of Shaheen this second half of the season is HUGE. Him becoming a real passing game threat would just open up everything not only in 2018 and beyond but for the pedestrians WRs we have now too. 

On 11/10/2017 at 9:06 PM, AZBearsFan said:

It’s a must win for sure for him. But he shouldn’t really gain anything by winning either IMO. We should win this game without Rodgers. 

I think it speaks to his coaching ability to get guys up for a game that they should win. Coming out flat is totally coaching and really unacceptable. 

It was good to see Trubisky get to open it up a bit, but we lost a game to a bad team. It sure as hell didn't feel as close as the score showed either to me.

If Pace would want to keep Fox, the McCaskeys should fire the bum directly.

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I will actually hold it against Pace if Fox is not fired tomorrow.

You need to hold people accountable. That effort was inexcusable.

Accountability at season’s end is fine. Canning him now changes nothing. Frankly if you do then name Fangio the Interim HC (the logical choice) and then don’t make Fangio the full time HC next offseason you’re basically assuring he leaves which may actually make things worse long term. Today was a **** show but on the whole what Fangio has done with our defense has been a really good development. 

10 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Accountability at season’s end is fine. Canning him now changes nothing. Frankly if you do then name Fangio the Interim HC (the logical choice) and then don’t make Fangio the full time HC next offseason you’re basically assuring he leaves which may actually make things worse long term. Today was a **** show but on the whole what Fangio has done with our defense has been a really good development. 

Who cares if Fangio leaves, his defense yesterday was a big problem also and that was coming out of the bye week.

9 hours ago, Bearsfancro said:

It'S basically same situation as last years Rams with Jeff Fisher... 

Old coach who did not adapt to the new tendencies, and who is living in the early 2000's...

It is time for a young and inspiring hire...

This.

Unfortunately... I'm sure the Bears will find a way to F this up.

Archived