John Fox is still employed

G08

7 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

If what Hub wrote is true about Fangio then who do you propose they promote to interim head coach?  It may not be as simple as you want it to be.

Frank Smith

Ed Donatell

It does not matter. There needs to be accountability.

15 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It is insulting to the fan base that John Fox is still the head coach.

Firing him is symbolic. Symbols matter.

Firing him now is knee-jerk, man. Everyone and their mother knows that he's a goner at the end of the season, what good is it to do it now?

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Firing him now is knee-jerk, man. Everyone and their mother knows that he's a goner at the end of the season, what good is it to do it now?

Windy just loves to see heads roll.  Guy is ruthless and will stop at nothing.  Either that or he is extremely impatient.

24 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It is insulting to the fan base that John Fox is still the head coach.

Firing him is symbolic. Symbols matter.

I think it gives the team something to play for.  play for Vic Fangio.  Let loggins throw the ball all over the field for a month. 

27 minutes ago, G08 said:

What good does it do to keep him though, the rookie building pieces are being used incorrectly or not at all and that isn't going to change with him staying.

35 minutes ago, G08 said:

My primary concern is how anything and everything Bears impacts Trubisky. One way or the other, Fox is in charge of the way Trubisky is being handled and not developed. If firing Fox would impact how Trubisky is allowed to play in a legit NFL running offense and make some rookie learning mistakes and maybe go 4-12, instead of Fox's goal of  5-11 then I'm on board with firing Fox. If Loggins was in charge of Trubisky's development and Fox allowed it to continue then Fox should have been fired 3-4 weeks ago.

22 minutes ago, 51to54 said:

My primary concern is how anything and everything Bears impacts Trubisky. One way or the other, Fox is in charge of the way Trubisky is being handled and not developed. If firing Fox would impact how Trubisky is allowed to play in a legit NFL running offense and make some rookie learning mistakes and maybe go 4-12, instead of Fox's goal of  5-11 then I'm on board with firing Fox. If Loggins was in charge of Trubisky's development and Fox allowed it to continue then Fox should have been fired 3-4 weeks ago.

This is it right here. Last year Loggins threw it way too much, and this time around he is very vanilla and boring. I think firing Fox shakes up the team and maybe squeezes a 1 or 2 and more importantly gets Mitch some real playing experience. 

The flip side of that, then, is that Trubisky could get pummeled and may get happy feet/rattled and start throwing INTs.

What's the point?

Right now it's about getting him real NFL experience. Get in and out of the huddle, work on reading defenses, work through your progressions, stay consistent with your mechanics, etc. He's doing all of that... raised his completion % by 3 points yesterday and has a "respectable" 74.6 rating. Goff last year was 63.6, Wentz a 79.3.

6 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

This is it right here. Last year Loggins threw it way too much, and this time around he is very vanilla and boring. I think firing Fox shakes up the team and maybe squeezes a 1 or 2 and more importantly gets Mitch some real playing experience. 

I'm not so sure that letting Loggains have free reign over the offense will be a good thing for Mitch.  At the same time it pains me to continue to watch this bland boring offense at work.

I still don't why it so important that we see a coaching change happen right now.  In 4 weeks it will not matter because they will all be gone.

39 minutes ago, G08 said:

The flip side of that, then, is that Trubisky could get pummeled and may get happy feet/rattled and start throwing INTs.

What's the point?

Right now it's about getting him real NFL experience. Get in and out of the huddle, work on reading defenses, work through your progressions, stay consistent with your mechanics, etc. He's doing all of that... raised his completion % by 3 points yesterday and has a "respectable" 74.6 rating. Goff last year was 63.6, Wentz a 79.3.

Loggains should be fired as well.

This is not an NFL offense. His play calling is exposing Trubisky to unnecessary hits and has almost no chance of success at the snap.

Archived